January 9, 2017

Totally 80s Nail Art by Onyx Aesthetics Studio (CND New Wave Collection)

Happy New Year! I'm back from my "recovering from laser eye surgery" hiatus (more on that later)... is it too early to start talking about spring collections? Back in December, I was invited to preview the CND Spring 2017 New Wave Collection at Onyx Aesthetics Studio in Gastown and, based on the amazing mani I received last year, I knew I'd come away with some fun and intricate nail art that just had to be shared.

CND Banana Clips, Video Violet, and Ecstacy

The first thing I thought when I saw the bright colours of the New Wave Collection was that I wanted to do something a little crazy. My inspiration was the 80s so I asked my nail technician to create a colourful "print" topped with black geometric triangular shapes. As you can see, she delivered my vision perfectly!

While I got a Shellac manicure, the New Wave Collection is also available in VINYLUX, CND's long-wearing polish (it lasts a week with no chips).


It features 6 shades: Video Violet, Pink LeggingsJelly BraceletBlue EyeshadowEcstasy, and Banana Clips [clockwise from top left]. Definitely not for neutral nail lovers as they are all super bright and quite neon, but I'm thinking these will be super fun for manis and pedis once the weather warms up.

3 comments:

  1. such gorgeous nails! loving the design!
    Pam xo/ Pam Scalfi♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year <3
    Cant wait to see your success in 2017!

    xo
    www.PlumPrettySugar.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.