November 3, 2010

MAC A Tartan Tale: Beauties Play It Cool Eyeshadow Palette

I've been eagerly anticipating A Tartan Tale, the 2010 holiday collection from MAC ever since the promo pics were released in the summer. Sometimes the holiday sets are a bit hit or miss for me, but what can I say? I'm a sucker for plaid!

At the top of my wish list was the Beauties Play It Cool Eyeshadow Palette, which is now in my possession thanks to my bf who thought I deserved a present. He ventured into the MAC store all by himself - very brave for a guy who knows nothing about makeup!

MAC A Tartan Tale Beauties Play It Cool Packaging

The eyeshadows are neatly packed in a square palette with a blue plaid fabric covering and plastic gold MAC charm in the middle. The paper box mirrors the design of the palette - cute!

Now for what's inside... six cool-toned eyeshadows with a distinctly purple theme. Lately I've been really loving purple eyeshadows (remember my post about Dior's Stylish Move?) so it's no surprise that as soon as I saw this palette I knew it had to be mine.

Silverwear (frost) is silvery white; Hold My Gaze (frost) is a shimmery khaki; To The Ball (satin) is a grayed purple; Altered State (veluxe pearl) is a shimmery grape; Magic Moor (veluxe pearl) is a blackened plum; and Heather Belles (satin) is a charcoal grey.

Silverwear, Hold My Gaze, To The Ball, Altered State, Magic Moor, Heather Belles
(Clockwise from top: Silverwear, Hold My Gaze, To The Ball, Altered State, Magic Moor, Heather Belles)

The eyeshadows all coordinate well, which is convenient for creating a range of looks from a more neutral day look to a smokey night look. This makes it the perfect palette for travelling or just tossing in your purse for on-the-go, especially since it comes with a tiny brush. I never use the brushes that come with these palettes because they're usually quite cheap quality and don't work as well as my full-size brushes. But if you're packing light, this mini brush will get the job done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.