May 30, 2010

Dior 5-Colour Eyeshadow Palette in Stylish Move

Lately I've been dying to introduce a purple smoky eye into my everyday makeup look since it's a bit more dramatic than wearing neutral browns but can still be appropriate for work if worn right. So I decided to splurge on the Dior 5-Couleurs quint in Stylish Move (970), which comes beautifully encased in a Dior compact with mirror and two applicators. You also get a velvet pouch to slip the palette into to keep it safe from scratches.


Dior quints are great because they contain a set of expertly coordinated shades that can be worn multiple ways to create various looks. The package contains an insert that explains how you can mix trios (using the 3 colours across the diagonal of the palette) to create structured "couture looks", duos (by matching any two colours side by side), or solos (a single colour as eyeliner or a wash over the lid). I'm already envisioning the various combinations I'll be able to create and I can't wait to try them all!

Stylish Move contains some gorgeous shades: a purply taupe, a light pink, a dusty mauve, a dark plum, and an opalescent sheen. The standout shade for me is definitely the dark plum, which can be built up for a super rich colour. I also like the opalescent sheen in the middle, which makes an excellent highlighter for the browbone and tear ducts.

For the purposes of this review, I decided to throw a quick look together and must say, I was rather impressed with the application process. The shadows apply super smoothly, with the texture being more of a satin than frost. They blend quite well and have a good amount of pigmentation (although I always apply shadow over my Urban Decay Primer Potion for better staying power and bolder colour).

Although Dior is expensive, I think it's worth it to treat yourself once in a while. I'm definitely looking forward to collecting a few more of these quints!

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the eye makeup Alison! Tres impressive. I have the quint in nude pink, and agree with everything you've said. Love the velvet slip cover... It's one of the only packaging pieces I've ever kept.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.