June 2, 2010

Sally Hansen Commander in Chic

Sally Hansen Commander in ChicSally Hansen recently introduced a new line called the Complete Salon Manicure, which claims to include all 5 steps of a manicure in 1 bottle - base coat, strengthener, growth treatment, colour, and top coat.

I opted for Commander in Chic, which is a unique mushroom-y taupe. It's essentially a dupe for Sephora by OPI's Metro Chic (except like $5 cheaper) and in line with the much beloved OPI You Don't Know Jacques from La Collection de France.

Since the Complete Salon Manicure claims you can skip base coat and top coat, I did too in order to put this to the test completely. Commander in Chic applies very smoothly and dries quickly. I really liked the brush, which is a modified version of Sally Hansen's usual wide brush. The edges are rounded which makes for extremely easy application and minimal clean-up.

I'm pretty happy with this polish and I've got my eye on a few other colours as well. There are a number of very trendy shades in this line (think teals, pale yellows, and bright greens). Hopefully my friend Sara will review a couple more of the ones she owns so I can decide!

6 comments:

  1. I just came by your blog through soompi and I must say you have a nice blog here! :D

    I have been looking for a color like this. I didn't even know Sally Hansen had a color like this. I have only one Sally Hansen nail polish and I admit is a nice shade, as well.


    - Wenjin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will have to try these! I'm so lazy with my nails. I don't like the time it takes to do all the proper steps so my nails never turn out pretty!

    http://labelsnob.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I did this one a few weeks ago, http://www.hummingbirding.com/1/post/2010/05/commander-in-chic.html amazingly, the photos turned out SOO differently, but we both say almost exactly the same thing: great colour, great application, fantastic brush!

    We are funny.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The color looks similar to Chanel's Particuliere. What do you think? I'm actually loving the color. Great blog!

    Let's exchange links!

    http://pinkblushandcars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. @princessblush
    They do look similar, but I think Commander in Chic has more purple tones than the Chanel. Either way, I love both!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't find the button on follow. Pls guide me, I am such a loser. Sorry.

    TIA!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.