June 5, 2013

My Go-To Recipes (& May Must-Reads)

Question of the month from Kristen: "What's your go-to recipe?"

Thanks to Pinterest, I've discovered a number of great recipes which have now become part of my regular cooking repertoire. In fact, one of my favourite things to do on lazy days is to scour the site looking for yummy food pins... often ending up hungry in the process!

When my boyfriend and I were low-carbing last month, I made these Prosciutto-Wrapped, Boursin Cheese and Bacon-Stuffed Chicken Breasts for dinner a few times. To make the dish less meat-heavy, I often stuff them with asparagus instead of bacon.


Paleo Pancakes have also become a breakfast staple for me. They are so easy to make and I love the banana flavour. I make mine with 1 banana and 1 egg because I find 2 eggs a little too "eggy."


For dessert, this recipe for Easy Vanilla Coconut Rice Pudding has been a great way to use up leftover rice on the rare occasion we eat it (I don't really like rice but rice pudding is a whole other story!) Plus, I love anything made with coconut/coconut milk.


If you have any go-to recipes of your own, please do share! And don't forget to check out the other girls' must-reads for the month of May below:

14 comments:

  1. Those paleo pancakes sound amazing - and so easy! Definitely trying them soon :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must try the pancakes (or flapjacks as we call them), they look delicious! For some healthy recipes visit this healthy eats on Pinterest: http://bit.ly/11EFfHf

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chicken breasts sound and look delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That chicken - looks delicious! Stuffed with asparagus is definitely a great way to make them a little healthier! I'm definitely going to have to try this!

    -Tiffany
    www.stylesidebar.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look amazing. I really want to try that chicken! Getting hungry just looking at it x

    Cholfable

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pancakes and the rice pudding is a great idea!! I ALWAYS have leftover rice!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always love finding new recipes as well, but always am so disappointed with the final result! I like that you've tried these ones already so they aren't such a risk :)
    Might have to try those pancakes!

    xoxo Alison
    www.stylingmylife.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty much anything I make from skinnytaste.com ends up being a staple for me. Such good recipes and so healthy!

    Style by Joules

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation! Bookmarking now... everything looks so delicious.

      Delete
  9. these food photos make me hungry! I've been so inspired by Pinterest pins of food as well that it makes thinking of dinner so much easier! =D
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM I LOVEEEE RICE PUDDING TOO!!! going to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved reading all the recipes this month! I've never heard of paleo pancakes before but it seems like something I need to make immediately :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.