June 13, 2013

Tutorial: Pastel Rose & Stripes Manicure

I know rose/flower nail art is nothing new but I was playing around with the Essie Bridal 2013 Collection recently and thought the colours would lend themselves nicely to this easy pastel rose & stripes mani.


I opted for Using My Maiden Name (an iridescent violet inspired by hydrangeas) as my base colour and My Better Half (a blue-toned pink inspired by peonies) as my base rose colour. For the rose highlight colour and stripes, I used AVON Nail Art Enamel in CupidStyled Green for the leaves, and Kiss Nail Art Paint in Silver Glitter also for the stripes.


1. Paint on your base colour and let dry.
2. To create the roses, dab your base rose colour in roundish shapes randomly on each nail.
3. Add the rose highlight colour to the roses to create some dimension.
4. Add leaves to the side of each rose.
5. Paint on stripes if you decide to have an accent nail (or two).


Lastly, finish with a top coat (I used AVON UV Gloss Guard Top Coat) to protect your work and keep your nails looking shiny.

The stripes are, of course, totally optional but I thought they added a bit of whimsy. Next time, however, I'm planning on sticking with roses on all my nails for a full-on floral explosion!


P.S. This nail look is also featured as my contribution to this week's FASHION Magazine Beauty Panel challenge on how to wear pastel makeup. Be sure to check out the post here.

15 comments:

  1. This is a nice tutorial. I just did stripes on my nails for the first time today and I love them! Have a great night! xx Pip


    Easy Outfits by Pip

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh, super cute! And super easy tutorial <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome mani , love the colours you chose .

    Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such good control of your hands! I can never do such amazing manicure like this!

    with love, Cassandra xx
    http://backtofive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You totally could - this is super easy to do! :)

      Delete
  5. Wow, you've done an absolutely fabulous job, just pretty colours and patterns!
    Do visit my blog,if you like follow on GFC,Bloglovin,Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook, leave a comment and I'll surely follow back!

    http://feistyfoxdiaries.blogspot.in/
    https://www.facebook.com/feistyfoxdiaries

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow love your nails, I have to try this!

    purple--flamingo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wooow these are so pretty! I love how much detail you put into the roses. I'm definitely going to try this!
    Fashion Ganache.
    http://fashionganache.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute mani! Thanks for the tutorial, Alison!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.