March 27, 2015

My Current Cleansing Routine: Clarisonic Mia 2

A few months ago, I picked up something that's been on my beauty wishlist for ages: a Clarisonic Mia 2. Unlike the standard Mia, the Mia 2 features two speed settings and a timer that beeps to let you know how many seconds to spend on each area of the face. I've become quite addicted to the process and my skin feels noticeably softer after use.

What I didn't realize before purchasing my device, however, was that you don't actually use it to remove your makeup. If you did, you'd end up scrubbing the makeup deeper into your skin and clogging the pores. Plus, the brush head would just end up a dirty, unhygienic mess. So obviously this means makeup must be removed first! Accordingly, I have made some changes to the products I use which I thought I'd share.


I usually begin by removing my eye makeup first. Because my eyes are extremely sensitive, I prefer to use cleansing waters since they are gentle and non-irritating. My two favourites are Bioderma Sensibio and Marcelle 3-in-1 Micellar Solution.

To remove my face makeup, I find it easiest to use makeup removal wipes. Natracare Cleansing Makeup Removal Wipes are a good pick because they're organic and free of chemicals. The cloths feel soft which makes them great for sensitive skin and they smell very fresh, kind of like lemons.

With my Clarisonic, I started out using the Clarisonic Refreshing Gel Cleanser that came with my kit. The cleanser is okay though I don't love it. Once I run out, I will be switching to my tried and true Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser which I've been using since high school.

Do you have a Clarisonic? What products do you use with yours?

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.