May 15, 2010

Burt's Bee's Pore Refining Scrub

Burt's Bees has recently introduced its new Natural Anti-Blemish Solutions line, which includes a cleanser, scrub, spot treatment, and moisturizing lotion. In a world filled with numerous acne-fighting products from medications to those available over-the-counter, I must say that it's about time that someone came up with some truly natural acne reduction products!

Thanks to PR, I was able to try out the new Pore Refining Scrub, which I easily inserted into my daily skincare routine. I don't actually have acne and my skin is generally breakout-free, but figured this product might be good to use for its pore-refining features.

As with all Burt's Bees products, this scrub is made of 100% natural incredients. Salicylic acid, derived from Willow Bark Extract, is intended to reduce acne and prevent future breakouts. Jojoba beads and a natural Fruit Acid Complex provide gentle exfoliation. Bonus: the tube is recyclable and made with 34% post-consumer content.

I love the creamy texture of this scrub and the beads weren't rough on my face at all. Definitely left my face feeling clean and refreshed. The only "negative" is the smell which I'm guessing can be attributed to the Willow Bark. It's not necessarily a bad smell per se, but it might be off-putting to some.

Although I can't really speak to the scrub's acne-fighting abilities, my skin has remained breakout-free since I started using it. So maybe it works? Burt's Bees does claim that this product is clinically proven to help reduce acne after two weeks of use. So if you're looking for a new scrub, I do recommend this over much harsher ones like St. Ive's Apricot Scrub - especially if you have sensitive skin.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for review! I've been looking for a new scrub -- and yes, I use St. Ive's.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.