July 2, 2011

Travel Preparations

My European vacation is finally here! I've been planning this trip for what feels like ages, so it's a little hard to believe I'll be jetting off in less than 24 hours.

Having traveled a lot, I'm a notorious light packer and this time is no exception. Plus I hate being bogged down by excess luggage! To make things easier for myself, I decided to sketch out some basic outfit remixes for each day of my trip based on the weather forecasts:


That's not weird, right...? Haha.

I've also pared down my makeup bag to the "bare" essentials. I forgot to include my Shiseido eyelash curler in the picture (that's a necessity!), but having the right tools is important to me because it means I can create a pretty wide variety of looks with a single eyeshadow palette.

Laura Mercier Mineral Foundation, MAC Blot Powder, Urban Decay Primer Potion, Urban Decay 24/7 
Liner in Zero, Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Water Light Sunscreen, MAC Dollymix Blush, Smith's Rosebud 
Salve, Maybelline Volum' Express Mascara, MAC A Tartan Tale Palette, NARS Giza Lipgloss, MAC 
Hug Me Lipstick, MAC Carbon Eyeshadow, Smashbox Photofinish Primer, & assorted brushes


NOTE: I won't have regular Internet access while I'm away so there will not be any new blog posts till I get back. However, rest assured I will be sharing plenty of photos from London, Paris, and Rome soon!

18 comments:

  1. Have a lovely trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. have a great trip! i've always wanted to travel to europe.

    and i think that's a great idea to sketch out outfits, i should totally do that the next time i plan to travel!

    safe travels!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow :D Were in Europe are you going :)
    probably not belgium, hahah :)
    have a lot of fun!

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. AnonymousJuly 03, 2011

    Glad I'm not the only one who does this when they pack. Have fun, love!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that we are both traveling at the same time! Yay! I cannot live without my rosebud salve or that neutrogena sunscreen! Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhh have fun! I'm so jealous! Expecting lots of photos upon your return :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a fantabulous time, Alison!! And nope, you're not weird at all for sketching outfits, it's smart! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw! Your preparedness is so cute! I hope you have Alison!

    Also, I am having a giveaway you might like!
    Check it out HERE

    ReplyDelete
  9. omg i love your makeup shot. i always love to see what others have in their makeup bag. i always prepare just like u when i travel. i get so excited and i have to do it ahead of time.
    xoxo
    mina

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love ur preparation for your vacay! so cute!

    have a fun trip!

    http://memyclothesni.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're so organized!

    ReplyDelete
  12. have fun on your trip! i love your packing method! i wish i had the patience to draw everything out. xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Have a great trip! You are so organized with planning your outfits! That is great! :)

    Rosalia
    http://style-love.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Alison! It's so nice to meet other bloggers from the Vancouver area, and I feel terrible that it's taken me so long to visit your blog. Definite bad blogger- sorry about that. But it looks like I came by at an exciting time. London, Paris and Rome? I'm incredibly envious :) I think the sketching out basic outfits is actually quite brilliant- I have a notebook specifically designed for the same thing, although I seem not to use it when I really should! Have an absolutely amazing time on your trip. I can't wait to see photos when you get back :)
    xox,
    Cee
    http://cocoandvera.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so amazing at packing prep I'm so jealous - I'm the worst packer in the history of bad packers! I may have to use your tip of sketching out outfits - it's such a great idea :)
    http://cupcakesandtreacle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Have so much fun! I can't wait to travel someday. Can't wait to see photos when you're back!

    Xo Chelle
    discoveringelegance.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. wow, great & interesting post!! i also try to plan outfits when packing for holiday - but still end up taking with me more than needed! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.