August 23, 2011

Europe Part 3: Roman Holiday

Finally, the last installment of my European vacation... the amazing city of Rome! Since we didn't have much time on this trip, we were unable to travel throughout Italy (which is next on the agenda, trust me). However, a visit to the capital was enough to whet my appetite and leave me wanting more. It's almost hard to fathom just how old this city is and what a rich history it has.

One of my favourite things to do was just take in all the breathtaking architecture. This skylight at the Pantheon, for example, provided the perfect spotlight for completely natural-lit photo ops.


Then, of course, there was Trevi Fountain and the Monumento Nazionale a Vittorio Emanuele II, among so many other gorgeous buildings and statues. 


Obviously, a trip to Rome wouldn't have been complete without a visit to the Colosseum and the Roman Ruins...


... which, by the way, looked pretty cool at night. See?


We also checked out the Vatican and the Sistine Chapel (unfortunately no pictures as they're not allowed).


Like Paris, Rome has tons of outdoor cafes where we indulged in delicious food and bevvies while soaking in the atmosphere. Total bliss!

 
And that's it! It's hard to believe it's almost been a month since I got back. I'm already dreaming about my next vacation...

(In case you missed them, don't forget to check out my other posts featuring London and Paris).

21 comments:

  1. ugh, i LOVE italy! i can't wait to go back and see more than milan.

    p.s.
    your outfits are always so lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg that pantheon pic is amazing!

    xxoo
    www.paperplanesandmaryjanes.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look so chic while traveling! The weather looked gorgeous while you were there...beautiful beautiful sights :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't wanted a vacation where all I do is sight see and tour in a long while but Rome is opening that closed door for me.
    I usually like to lounge and eat on vacations but how can I resist the Vatican and the Colosseum?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely stunning photos, as always! You look amazing in the second photo, and the photo outside of the restaurant is so soft and romantic looking. I must, must get to Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Dani I agree, there's so much to do and see. One would literally need a few months to explore!

    @Katherine The weather was great but it was sweltering hot. We had to have mandatory siestas from 2-6 p.m., haha!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahhh, I LOVE Rome! Hope you had a wonderful time. What amazing photo's!

    Girl about Town XxX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely photos :) I'm happy to hear you enjoyed this trip! I've been to Rome last year but left with the feeling I missed out on many great things. Guess I'll have to go back ^^ x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've sadly never been to Rome, but it's on my bucket list for sure. Your photos make it looks as beautiful as I've always imagined it. So glad you hear you had such a wonderful time :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous gorgeous photos, I'm totally reminiscing about my (long ago!) trip to Rome! It's such a beautiful and historic city and it looks like you had such a wonderful time! Love the second photo! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful photos! Looks like an awesome vacation!


    XOXO
    styleworthwhile.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful pictures! Hope you enjoyed your Europe trip! Love your cute comfy outfit too! :)

    Rosalia
    http://style-love.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. they told us the same thing but everyone else were taken pictures like crazy so i did the same!

    ReplyDelete
  14. ah-mayyy-zing!
    i'm dreaming of my europe vacation right now... haha. so jealous that you went!


    ps. i love your chelsea topshop boots from a few post back. i WANT!

    xx,
    cins

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like you're having such an amazing time! I can't wait to visit Rome someday. & Such cute outfits (love that hat!)

    Xo Chelle
    discoveringelegance.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I really like this post. Please come and check out mine.
    http://paquetevistasbien.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rome is the most beautiful city in the world! It is sooo great! Like these pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  18. so gorgeous photos!! and you look great! you have holidays quite often in Europe, don't you? :) i haven't been to Rome yet, but we have it on our list and actually were planning to go this year. However we need to psotpone it now. Where do you go next time? x

    ReplyDelete
  19. The picture of you with the sunshine focused on you like a spotlight, shining down on you is SUCH a cool photo!
    I love!
    xo
    TFE
    http://www.thefashionableesq.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. @Khatu My bf got caught taking pictures and they made him delete them!

    @Chelle Pretty sure it's the same one you have, just a different colour ;)

    @Diamonddigger I really don't! I go to London every few years but have never really explored the other countries. I really want to go to Spain next!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm loving the photos you took, they are really awesome. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.