December 2, 2011

Holiday Gift Guide: LUSH Home For Christmas Gift Set


A few weeks ago, I blogged about the Calgon Holiday Gift Sets and now I have another suggestion for those bath & body product lovers on your Christmas shopping list... none other than a LUSH Cosmetics holiday gift set! This year, LUSH has assembled a collection of festive holiday items and gift sets, a magical mix of old favourites and new goodies, which are all available for your gifting pleasure.

Take this great Home For Christmas Gift Set, for example, which not only comes in an adorable hatbox emblazoned with wintery scenes, but saves you from having to worry about gift wrap at the very same time. Take a look at what it includes:


Thanks to the wonderfully kind people at LUSH, I was able to happily test out the products in Home For Christmas and can now give you the full run-down in case you're thinking of picking this up for yourself or someone else.

CHRISTMAS EVE BUBBLE BAR
Christmas Eve is jasmine-scented, which is not my favourite scent. However, this was pleasant enough and made a ton of bubbles. Even though I'm not the biggest fan of jasmine, I did find my bath with this very relaxing and I loved how it turned the water blue.

GINGERBREAD HOUSE BUBBLE BAR
This is definitely one of the cutest bubble bars I've seen with its sprinkles, snow, and cinnamon stick chimney.  It smells spicy and sweet - perfect for holiday bathing.

THREE GOLD RINGS BUBBLE BAR
Along with the Gingerbread House Bubble Bar, I also loved the Three Gold Rings Bubble Bar because the scent is absolutely divine. It's a mixture of vanilla, sweet orange oil, and myrhh - yummy! Plus, it's formulated with soya milk powder to leave your skin extra soft.

LI'L LUSH PUD BATH BOMB
Li'l Lush Pud is apparently inspired by British Christmas pudding (which I've never had before), but it smells delicious, kind of sweet and clove-y. However, it is smaller in size than LUSH's other bath bombs so it fizzes and dissolves more quickly.

HONEY I WASHED THE KIDS SOAP
Like most LUSH products, Honey I Washed The Kids smells almost good enough to eat. Its featured ingredient is honey and it quite literally smells like toffee-fudge. I loved the texture of this soap (very soft) but for optimal longevity, you're supposed to keep it away from water between uses. I didn't the first time I used it and I guess it melted somehow because almost 1/4 was gone when I went to use it the next day. Learned my lesson!

IT'S RAINING MEN SHOWER GEL
It's Raining Men matches perfectly with Honey I Washed The Kids because it's the same scent! I liked this a lot more than the soap because the bottle prevents accidental "melting" and I can use it with my loufah.

DREAM CREAM HAND AND BODY LOTION
Along with Honey I Washed The Kids and It's Raining Men, Dream Cream is the other product in Home For Christmas that's available year-round as part of LUSH's permanent collection. I'm still unsure as to how I feel about this scent... sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. I think it might be the lavender that gets me (not one of my favourites). This is supposed to be quite good for sensitive skin and I didn't experience any irritation, but I found the texture kind of watery. For the Winter months, I prefer to use thicker products like body butters.

Home For Christmas is available on LUSH's website and in-stores for $59.95 CDN. LUSH also sells the products listed above individually, or you can check out the rest of LUSH's holiday collection for gift ideas to suit any price range. I've bought other sets for people before and they've always gone over well with the recipients!

15 comments:

  1. Three Gold Rings + Butterball = a glooorious bath! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Gingerbread House bubble bar is so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani Ah, good call on that combination! I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, that's one amazing Christmas gift set! All the products look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a LUSH virgin :$
    This post makes me want to force myself to a LUSH and indulge in what they have to offer. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm soo obsessed with Lush cosmetics! That place changed my life! = )

    xx

    Erin @ http://www.trufflesnruffles.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was so cool! I've always wanted to try out LUSH products because they look so different than the regular body creams and bubble baths.
    Good for you, that you got to try this all out.
    Jealous! <3

    xo

    The Fashionable ESQ

    www.thefashionablESQ.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks girl! you are so sweet! all these products look so good xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. hi beautiful! do u want to follow each other? (: i like ur blog so i follow u right now !

    xx from Spain! (:

    ReplyDelete
  10. OHHHHH! thanks so showing us what's in side.. i love that bubble bar that looks like a cupcake hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great blog!!

    http://iammeggy.blogspot.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love LUSH! such great products!

    ReplyDelete
  13. i've been meaning to stop by lush to stock up on goodies! they have the best holiday products there! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. yum you can't go wrong with Lush!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.