January 28, 2012

Bobbi Brown Shadow Options Palette

For my last birthday, one of my best friends (who obviously knows me very well) gave me this gorgeous Bobbi Brown Shadow Options Eyeshadow Palette.

Top Row: Pebble (Metallic), Moonlight (Sparkle), Storm Cloud (Sparkle), Pink Chandelier (Metallic)
Bottom Row: Navajo, Flint, Iron, Caviar

The palette comes housed in Bobbi Brown's signature sleek packaging with 4 shimmery shadows on top and a pull-out drawer below featuring 4 matte shadows. The idea is that you can use the shimmery shadows to quickly bring your daytime look into an evening look. This process is made even easier thanks to the double-ended shadow/liner brush that's included, and which I find to be much of better quality than your typical palette applicators.


I am a huge fan of neutral matte shadows (one of the reasons my Urban Decay Naked Palette doesn't get much love) and I absolutely adore the ones in this Shadow Options Palette because they are well-pigmented and apply buttery smooth. Lately, my go-to eye look has been Navajo (creamy pinkish white) as a highlight, Flint (light grey brown) as a base, Iron (neutral grey) in the outer corner, and Caviar (black brown) as a liner.

Apologies for not swatching Pebble (golden ivory), Moonlight (silver pink), Storm Cloud (dusty heather), and Pink Chandelier (pink copper), but the reality is that they are a little difficult to work with - not to mention photograph! All 4 of the shimmers are on the sheer side as they are meant to be layering shadows as opposed to standalone shades. Application with a brush also results in major fallout so using fingers is probably the best way to make them work. I'm not the biggest fan of using fingers to apply makeup but at least the product is pretty to look at!

24 comments:

  1. I do like the neutral shades a lot. Palette looks pigmented. I like how it separated into shimmer and matte squares.

    www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I swear by Bobbi Brown! Love these colors!

    http://fashionroll.net

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel like I will love this more than my naked palette.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you prefer matte shadows like the 4 in this palette, you definitely would :)

      Delete
  4. I like this shades! And very good brand Bobbi Brown :)
    xx

    Andrea in Fashion

    ReplyDelete
  5. thanks for the comment doll! love the post! can't wait to read more

    hugs, xo
    *BARBIE-BOMBSHELL.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  6. BTW now following you!

    <3
    <3
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you for your thoughtful comments :) i personally have a hard time wearing such natural and light shadows... but this looks like a lovely palette nonetheless!

    hapatime.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. i agree! i like matte eye shadows better than shimmery ones and they are harder to come by =\

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true! When I was younger I used to like shimmery/glittery shades but now I'm all about matte. Someone needs to make an all-matte version of the Naked Palette or something!

      Delete
  9. Aww too bad you don't like shimmer - I love them! This palette is very versatile though; you don't see many with a mix of matte and shimmer shades.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have yet to try make up from Bobbi Brown! I love this pallete though, it`s definitely something I`d use everyday. Oh I do have tweezers from Bobby Brown and they are the most amazing tweezers that I have ever used!

    welivedourlivesinstyle

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are so pretty! I've hard great things about Bobbi Brown, and have been interested in trying out her blush for a long time! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her blush is great! I have one of the Shimmer Bricks that I use all the time - it's super versatile.

      Delete
  12. i love this colours :)
    veronika
    www.livnginwinterpeg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a big fan of neutral shadows too, this one is just gorgeous! I really like that it has both matte & shimmer in one

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bobbi Brown is seriously one of my favourite makeup lines, the texture of all the products is always amazing. I'm not a crazy makeup person so this palette is right up my alley.

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. That looks like such a fun palette, I'm obsessed with the Bobbi Brown gel Eye liners.

    <3 Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a great palette!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the subtle earthy shades! =)

    pinkchampagnefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. i definitely need to check this palette out! i'm a fan of neutrals and never wear any color on my lids. this would be perfect! xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have one of these from years ago - I used it all the time and then one day - I dropped it - my favorite gray shay shattered :( I didn't know they still made these.
    xo
    The Fashionable ESQ

    http://www.thefashionableesq.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. a gorgeous palette! I have yet to try BB's makeup except their concealers haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.