May 11, 2012

"Thanks Mum" with LUSH this Mother's Day

Thank you so much for all your nice comments on my last post. Though I still feel like I'm on an emotional roller coaster with no end in sight, I am incredibly grateful to have so many wonderful people in my life, as well as this blog (and you lovely readers), to keep me distracted. With that being said, it couldn't be more appropriate that Mother's Day is this Sunday... Now, more than ever, I am aware of how truly important it is to treasure our loved ones and make sure they know it. My family situation has been particularly difficult for my mom, so I am wishing her all the strength in the world, and sending my love to her everyday.

And for those of you still on the hunt for the perfect gift for the mothers in your lives, may I suggest some fool-proof pampering & spa treats, such as this limited edition LUSH Cosmetics Thanks Mum Gift Set ($26.95 CAD), which I was recently given the chance to preview?


Aside from the adorably sweet packaging, this lovely little kit includes four essentials to appease all of your mom's bath and body needs:


Tiny Hands
I'm a hand cream fiend (see my review of Cake Beauty's Velveteen Hand Creme, for example) but have never tried a solid moisturizer like this before. It's a little weird, but I really like it! Scented with vanilla and marigold, all you have to do is rub the bar over your hands to soothe and moisturize. I find it a bit greasy so would personally only use it before bed and not throughout the day.

Madame Butterfly Reusable Bubble Bar
Similar to the Easter-edition Carrot Top Reusable Bubble Bar that I posted about here, you simply swirl this wand around in your bath to create mounds of frothy bubbles and then leave it to dry to be re-used up to five more times. Madame Butterfly smells just like roses and can be bundled with LUSH's other Mother's Day re-usable bubble bars, The Mum and Mum Tulip, to make a cute bath "bouquet."

Sugar Scrub
A great exfoliating product made with Fair Trade sugar that stimulates circulation through the inclusion of fennel and ginger. I don't typically use body exfoliators (other than exfoliating beads in my body wash) so this was a new experience for me. Smells great but might be a bit harsh for super sensitive skin. I would also recommend storing it away from water in a tin or travel soap dish after use so that it doesn't melt away.

Dream Cream
I posted about Dream Cream in my review of the LUSH Home for Christmas Gift Set and my thoughts remain the same. Since it's no longer winter, however, Dream Cream is now perfect for daily use (in my opinion).

If you're looking for other Mother's Day gift ideas, be sure to check out LUSH's other Mother's Day products and gift sets. As always, they're limited edition!

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!! ♥

18 comments:

  1. Ooo I will definitely check out it out.. I'm running out of things to buy for my mom lol..Great idea! I love LUSH products especially the It's Raining Men shower gel..Have u tried it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have, it's one of my favourite scents! It goes really well with the Honey I Washed The Kids soap :)

      Delete
  2. What a great idea! Maybe that is what I will pick up for my mom! haha

    xoxo Rosalia
    style-love.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw that's a great idea! I love LUSH!

    XO,
    http://glamd0lll.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiny Hands sounds awesome! My mum would also looove that sugar scrub. I already got my mum a mother's day gift, but her birthday is coming up next month...so maybe I'll go check out lush :)
    Thanks for sharing!
    xx
    when-the-dog-bites.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh, these sets would make great birthday gifts for mothers too... what a great idea!

      Delete
  5. i actually bought this for my mom for mother's day -- we're both lush addicts! she loved it :)

    -alexandra
    http://alexisinodak.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad your mom loved it! Such a great little gift set :)

      Delete
  6. I hope that you and your family are doing better Alison... Whatever it is I hope the best for everyone. Happy Mother's Day to your mom, that is a lovely present! My mom is so hard to shop for, we just had a family dinner and a very nice cake at home :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maddy <3 We usually do the same for holidays like this... a big meal and some nice dessert.

      Delete
  7. Amazing gift!!

    Thanks for your lovely comment at my blog!!Hope to see you again!! Welcome your new follower...!!

    http://lovelittlelulu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. great post :) Would you like to enter my ROMWE giveaway?

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a super cute gift!! Love this!

    :)
    Allison
    afashionfiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Lush - how fun that you got to review this gift set. One of my favorites products is the "honey i washed the kids" soap! Also, I'm hosting a giveaway with some cute silver earrings - check it out here, I think you'll like it. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah your LUSH posts always make me want to run out and grab some products! I have tried WAY too many of their things already as it is but there's something about that place that's so addictive! I'm loving your hometown by the way - I guess we're trading places for now haha.

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. adorable!! have u a nice week end!! greeaaaat blog!
    IF U WANT TO VISIT MY BLOG STREET CHIC http://chicstreetchoc.blogspot.com/
    U CAN ALSO FIND ME ON FACEBOOK http://www.facebook.com/pages/Street-Chic/126609910754628

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.