June 26, 2012

Konad Basic Nail Art Stamping Set (M36 Image Plate)

I've always admired other peoples' Konad manicures but never tried it myself, so when Nail Polish Canada sent along this Konad Basic Nail Art Stamping Set, I couldn't wait to finally give it a go.

For a first-time nail stamper, the Konad Basic Set comes with everything you need to get started: an M36 image plate, a mini white special Konad polish, a stamp, and a scraper.


The M36 plate contains a versatile set of floral designs, with the exception of one butterfly image. I decided to opt for a few of the flowers, though I think you could layer a bunch of these in different colours to create a more interesting design.

For those of you who are unfamiliar with how Konad works, the steps are very straight-forward. First you paint a bit of the special polish onto the image of your choice, scrape off the excess with the scraper, roll the stamper over the image, and then stamp it onto your nail.


Truth: the first time I attempted to Konad was a complete disaster! However, the mani above is only my second attempt and about 100x better than my first one. Practice definitely helps. I do still need to work on getting my edges to fully stamp but I already feel a lot more comfortable using the scraper and stamper. My main tip for first-time stampers is to make sure you roll the stamper over the image to get it to fully transfer (as opposed to just pressing it straight down onto the plate). That's one thing I neglected on my first try and why I kept ending up with only half an image.

After this experience, I can see why some people are addicted to Konad-ing. It's a fairly easy way to get intricate nail art designs fast. I can't wait to try some of the full nail designs or maybe the french tips next!


P.S. If you're interested in trying out Konad for yourself, Nail Polish Canada is currently hosting a giveway to win a Konad Prize Pack. It includes the following:

1x Konad Basic Kit
2x Choice of any image plates
2x Choice of any special polishes

Enter HERE. Winner will be chosen July 30! 

20 comments:

  1. I owned and then gave away my Konad kit because for the life of me I couldn't get it to work -____-"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I definitely need more practice. Though I do find it fun!

      Delete
  2. Looks great! I've never tried those myself.

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting pattern on your nails :)

    http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Excellent design, i love it. Thanks for sharing important post with us.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the Colour of the Nail Polish! Great Nail Design!
    i´m a new Follower

    Lovely Greetings from Austria ♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks pretty good! Are stamps kinda like stickers?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sort of in the sense that you can get really intricate designs. But it's more like if you were to use a nail art pen since it's nail polish you're stamping on your nails. It's better in a sense because I tend to peel off stickers after a time!

      Delete
  7. I've always wanted to try these. Thanks for that giveaway link :)


    Stop by sometimes,
    http://glamd0lll.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. It turned out pretty good for your second try! Glad you were able to get it working for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it!! nail art is really amazing :)

    Fashion room lounge

    A chic kiss ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ive never heard of this!! So great - lovely and can't wait to look up what else they have in designs.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty! Stamping still freaks me out, but this Konad kit made me want to keep trying! Worse comes to worse, I just let my fiance do it because he some sort of weird talent for it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I'm jealous of all the pros. Your stamping turned out so good though!

      Delete
  12. Thanks for letting us know about the contest, I love nailpolishcanada.com, ordered from them many times :)
    You nails are so cute!

    Oh and this is kinda random but were you on the #16 bus around 5:30 today? I think I saw you sitting at the front of the bus, wearing black flats and a striped orange shirt. I was too shy to approach though in case it wasn't you =$

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that was me!! :D You should have said "hi"! Where were you sitting?

      Delete
  13. AnonymousJuly 13, 2012

    When I first saw the Konad nail stamp set I was excited to try it and people made it look so easy to use. But like you, my first attempt was an absolute disaster!! I could barely get the print on and the second time I only got half of the image on the stamp! I think practice definitely makes perfect! You have inspired me to take out my Konad set and play around with it more!

    Mel xo

    www.melelle.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hear you! I was SO frustrated the first time I used it because people in Youtube videos made it look super simple. I think maybe those full nail designs or French tips might be a bit easier than intricate designs.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.