August 24, 2012

Raw Canvas

Growing up, art was always an integral part of my life but unfortunately my creative pursuits were put on hold once I entered the world of academia. That's why I adore Raw Canvas, which is part wine bar and part art studio, allowing patrons a unique "art and social" experience.


Located in the heart of Yaletown, you can stop by Raw Canvas for just a drink, or also one of their signature tasting plates ($17). I particularly love the wild boar and rosemary and the smokehouse cheddar. Seriously drooling just thinking about them!


Once you've eaten, you can make your way down to the art studio where you're provided with all the equipment you'll need to make your very own masterpiece. Though I enjoy painting it's never been my favourite (pencil sketching is my specialty) because it can get messy pretty quickly... by coming to Raw Canvas, you don't have to worry about any of that! They provide you with brushes, buckets for water, easels, palettes, and a huge array of acrylic paints. And for those less artistically inclined, a resident artist is also available to provide tips and advice.


An evening painting at Raw Canvas is not the cheapest (prices start at $55 for a small canvas up to $170 for a large canvas), but I think it's a fun idea for a girls night or date. In fact, I had been to Raw Canvas last year with a friend and came back this time with my boyfriend.

I really wanted to make a companion piece to the one I painted last time and was pretty pleased with how it turned out (my first painting looks like this except it's blue-themed).


Can you believe my boyfriend has never painted before except in elementary school? I thought his storm painting turned out great!


Location: 1046 Hamilton Street, Vancouver, BC
Website: http://www.rawcanvas.com

14 comments:

  1. Great pics and blog! I'm already following you, hope you can follow me back :) xx, http://dreamsofaparadise.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you're bf is really good for never having painted! Hidden talent maybe??

    ReplyDelete
  3. aah where can I experience something like this in OC???!! What a wonderful event!!

    <3Amanda
    feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's really cool! :)

    www.cutedumpling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firstly - I have to say - your painting is GORGEOUS! You're so talented!

    The whole concept seems like a lot of fun - especially the not having to clean up part - it seems like a unique and different date night idea...will have to see if there is something similar in Toronto to surprise my sister with - she'd love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's a sort of similar place in Markham called Paintlounge. A bit of a drive, but worth it!

      Delete
  6. You guys both did a great job! It looks like so much fun, perhaps the bf and I should give it a try sometime. I would need wine to spark some creativity ;-)

    xo Leonie

    http://www.thesignaturebow.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. great post!
    come by and lets follow each other if you love to do:)
    miss-monaaa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a cool place! I wanna check it out!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice place! It looks you had so much fun there:)

    FASHION CAT
    www.myfashioncat.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness, so cool. Adore this post, love. I've got a brand new outfit post inspired by one of my favorite TV characters. I'd love if you'd check it out. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such gorgeous inspiration pictures!
    I'm Your New Follower,Hoping That you Will FOLLOW me too.

    Twitter
    Blow a Rainbow on Lookbook
    Blow a Rainbow on Bloglovin
    Blow a Rainbow on Tumblr

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.