November 27, 2012

FUN with LUSH

FUN is  the latest invention from LUSH Cosmetics. A  multi-purpose moldable soap, you can use it to wash your hands and body with, create masses of bubbles to bathe in, or even wash your clothes.


The soap is 100% vegan and made with a gentle softening base of corn flour, talc and glycerine. There are five different types to choose from:

YELLOW FUN ($6.95 for 250g): Creamy vanilla tones and gardenia extract gives this bundle a comforting marzipan aroma.

GREEN FUN ($6.95 for 250g): A citrus burst of tangy lime and lemon essential oils that will make you feel refreshed and focused.

BLUE FUN ($6.95 for 250g): Relax and feel ready for sleep when you wash with this mix of lavender and chamomile blue essential oils. The perfect bedtime bath; also great for irritated skin.

RED FUN ($6.95 for 250g): A fruity combination of orange and mandarin oils that will revitalize the mind and bring a bit of summer sun to the bath.

PINK FUN ($6.95 for 250g): A sweet treat with ice-cream scented tonka absolute and benzoin resinoid, which also has warming qualities to help stimulate circulation.

As you can see, I was sent Yellow FUN and Red FUN (which looks more orange than red to me) to experiment with. Yellow has a very pleasant scent but I preferred Red for its sweet citrus notes.

Aside from its various uses, the other "fun" part about FUN is that you can play with it! The texture is a lot like Play-Doh so it can be molded into all sorts of different shapes. This is supposed to encourage children to have fun during bath time but I can safely say it works for adults too. Though I'm not the best sculptor, here's my rudimentary attempt at a cat face:


The FunD

You may have also noticed the Japanese writing on the packaging. This is because LUSH inventors felt compelled to give something back after the nuclear disaster that occurred in Fukushima, Japan last year left whole residential areas contaminated (and children unable to play outside). So with every purchase of FUN, LUSH will donate 2.5% of total sales to the FunD, giving money to local charities in Japan working towards giving children safe places to play in Fukushima!

You can find FUN in stores or online.

13 comments:

  1. I've never actually bought something from LUSH but I really think I should. I'm seriously missing out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should! They have so many great products and are always coming out with fabulous new ones all the time.

      Delete
  2. Isn't LUSH always a fun time? These products are great, and I hope you enjoy both using and playing with them.
    Casual Clothes for Less | Girlie Blog Seattle

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that's why there's Japanese writing on them! That's so great!! I love your cat and I think you did a wonderful job ;-) I would be too tempted to make rude sculptures...I don't know if that's what FUN is for!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HAHA, that didn't even occur to me. I see where your mind is at, Jayne ;)

      Delete
  4. oh man, this really does look FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cat! :)

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep I have to admit that it looks like a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ohhhhhhhhhh i love this! that is so ingenious and i really love that they are giving back after the disaster in japan last year! this is so cool.. will definitely check this out next time i'm near a lush!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That´s soo cute. I love Lush <3
    xo

    glamDevils

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that 'Playdoh" cat :))) so creative.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.