January 11, 2013

What's in my Makeup Bag? (& December Must-Reads)

Question of the month: What make-up do you carry around in your handbag?

It's been a while since my previous "What's in my bag?" post, in which I also gave you a peek into my makeup bag, so it's about time that I shared an update! Here are a few of the items I'm currently toting around (although I do regularly switch out my lip products):

MAC Studio Fix (here), MAC Pressed Blot Powder (here), Lippy Girl Lip Love Lip Conditioning Stick, MAC Lipstick in Shy Girl (here), Za Plumper Lips Lipstick in Sunset Glow, NARS Lipgloss in Giza (here)

Non-makeup items in my makeup bag include hand sanitizer, hand cream, a nail file, hair ties, bobby pins, and Band-Aids. 


P.S. Don't forget to check out the other girls' answers to this question and their must-reads for the month of December (we're a bit late this time due to the busy holiday season).

19 comments:

  1. oh thanks for sharing! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Shy Girl, it's my go-to lip color when I have no clue what to wear! How do you like the blot powder?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HG item for me! Have been using religiously for 8 years and go through these compacts like crazy.

      Delete
  3. Good picks! Shy Girl is one of my favorite go-to lipsticks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great things to carry around with you! I like to bring chapstick, a lipstick and powder.
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. We really do carry around a lot of te same stuff ! I really hope to visit van city one day! Can't believe I haven't yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm from Toronto btw :)

      Delete
    2. I'm originally from Toronto! If you're ever in Vancity give my a shout! Would love to hang out and show you around :)

      Delete
    3. I knew it ! I felt te Toronto connection ! :) will def let you know if I ever do make it out :)

      Delete
  6. Nice peek into your makeup bag! I should do a post like this soon. :)

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm definitely a MAC girl too! I've been using the Studio Fix for at least 10 years. Hope you had a great weekend!

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like other brands but I'm totally a MAC girl through and through ;)

      Delete
  8. How is that lip balm? I'm having the hardest itme finding one that actually moisturises the lips.. And I definitely think I should start carrying around hand sanitizer as well. Such a good idea!

    xoxo Alison
    www.stylingmylife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty good... it reminds me a little of Burt's Bees. For a super moisturizing lip balm you should try Fresh!

      Delete
  9. ohhh love this! i love peeking into ppl's makeup bag hehehe! i've never heard of that lipbalm before where do you get it from??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's great because it's 100% vegan! You can find it at http://www.lippygirl.com

      Delete
  10. oooh that shy girl is pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh i've never seen that lippygirl lip balm before!

    Want to follow each other? I'm a blogger from Vancouver too!
    notanobession.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.