February 26, 2013

MAC Mineralize Rich Lipsticks: Posh Tone, Glamour Era, and Lush Life

Next month, MAC Cosmetics will be releasing its much-hyped Mineralize Collection, which consists of an innovative mineral-rich foundation and a line of Mineralize Rich Lipsticks. These new lipsticks are enhanced with a mineral moist complex that provides lips with nourishment and lasting hydration. This means that the colour glides on effortlessly for lightweight wear and intense shade retention... a.k.a. everything we want in a lipstick!

Unlike MAC's regular lipstick bullets, the Mineralize Rich Lipsticks feature a new magnetic casing that's larger in size (4.04 g compared to 3 g). The packaging looks a little "hefty" but since it's made of plastic, it's actually quite light. The lids are matte but the base is shiny.


There are 12 gorgeous shades to look forward to, ranging from pale nudes to deep plums. I received three from MAC to play with: Posh Tone, Glamour Era, and Lush Life [left to right].


Posh Tone is described as a soft warm nude cream. On my pigmented lips it's barely noticeable but is still a nice "my lips but better" shade.


Glamour Era is described as a mid-tone warm brown frost. It's slightly darker than Posh Tone (though hard to tell on my pigmented lips!) and is a great everyday colour.


Lush Life is described as a deep cool plum that leans kind of red/fuschia on me. While this is not a colour I'd typically gravitate towards, I really like it. However, it does require a lipliner to prevent bleeding. If you're interested in seeing it "in action," I was wearing it in this outfit post.


Overall, the Mineralize Rich lipsticks are creamy and the formula is super comfortable on the lips. Look for these at MAC stores, counters, and online starting March 7, 2013 for $26 CAD - worth the price tag, in my opinion.

15 comments:

  1. The casing does look pretty big. I really only own MAC lipsticks so I am pretty excited to try these.

    -V
    http://stylishlyme.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's bulkier than the usual bullets but not heavy at all. Can't wait to see what colours you end up with!

      Delete
  2. That's so surprising how nude toned those first two are! Are the formulas really sheer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't help that my lips are really pigmented! I think they do apply slightly sheer due to the moisturizing properties in the lipsticks.

      Delete
  3. I love the look of Lush Life! It goes on quite a bit differently than it looks in the tube, and as a general rule I steer clear of anything too purple when it comes to lipstick, but in this case I think I'll have to make an exception :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I was surprised at how different it was. I was expecting more purple too!

      Delete
  4. In Love with the Lush Life, im going to buy this x Fab post dear x

    h x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love to try them if I got the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lush Life looks gorgeous in that outfit post! I dig the packaging as well, shiny and matte look so nice contrasted together.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I look forward to trying it . Great review.

    xo Meg<3

    Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look nice on! They look super dark in the tube.

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love mac make-up!!! And these colors are amazing :)
    You have a such a nice blog!!
    If you want to have a look at mine it would be so great :)
    http://mystylerecipe.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG jelly!! I love MAC stuff and the 3 they sent you are the perfect colors.
    My favorite, believe it or not, is the first one, that is almost a sheer nude. Gorgeous w/ a dark grey eye!

    The Fashionable ESQ
    http://www.thefashionableesq.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lush Life looks beautiful!

    Xx

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.