March 17, 2013

LUSH Cynthia Sylvia Stout Shampoo

With today being St. Patrick's Day, I can't think of a better time to review this bottle of Cynthia Sylvia Stout Shampoo which I received from LUSH Cosmetics. I mean, we're talking about beer shampoo here!

This pub-inspired shampoo is made with organic vegan stout beer, cognac, balsamic vinegar, and lemons (the people at LUSH are clearly not strangers to odd combinations). It smells kind of earthy to me and to be honest, I don't like the scent at all. Thankfully it's not as strong once on the hair.


Although this shampoo is formulated for all hair types, LUSH claims it's especially good for those with hair that tends to go frizzy in damp or humid environments. My hair's kind of the opposite (it gets flatter and flatter throughout the day as opposed to getting fluffy) but I have noticed my hair feeling bouncier and softer after use. In fact, I actually think Cynthia makes a good clarifying shampoo for those of us who are prone to oily locks.

Find Cynthia Sylvia Stout online or in stores for $9.95 CAD/100 mL.

13 comments:

  1. I've never tried any Lush shampoos from the bottles, only their solid shampoos. I might decide to try their normal shampoos and conditioners as I find that their solid shampoo bars don't condition my hair well enough even though it's a two in one. Oh, and one of my shower gels actually contains tequila!

    http://dreamdustx.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum, tequila! I prefer LUSH's regular shampoos over the solid ones too... the solid shampoos I've tried have been really drying for some reason.

      Delete
  2. Great post. I just located your blog and wished to let you know that I have certainly loved reading your blogs. At any rate I’m going to be subscribing to your feed and I really hope you are writing again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your blog dear! You have a great eye for style!
    Keep up with the great work :)

    XO

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks so great my hair is always flat!
    http://thelipstickthegirlandherwardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey honey, thank you for your lovely comment! Cool that you're following me! I'm following you too! Really great blog! Love everything! Hope to hear from you soon!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post, I just came across your blog and I love it! It would be really cool if you could visit my blog blog we could follow each other as well if you want :)

    www.malefashionuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never tried this before but tempted too! I love lush products especially their bath bombs and perfumes very nice post :) x

    www.krystelcouture.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely want to try this :) I love lush products

    vikkielora.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool recomendation. Really impressive blog, love your style. If you want check mine and we could follow each other:-)
    Kisses
    Aga

    New post
    Spring trends!
    Follow me at Bloglovin!
    www.agasuitcase.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohhh this is awesome.. i have oily hair.. and it makes it so flat ugh hate it!!! i don't know how i'd feel about beer smell in my hair though haha.. and i dunno how i feel about 'earthy' smelling shampoo either hahaha.. have to give it a try to see!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures.
    I like your Blog. We can following each other. what do you think? <3

    I follow you!

    wish you have a nice day & time looking at my blog, it is also about you <3

    http://emma-wunderbar.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.