May 29, 2013

mark. Marrakesh Collection

Cosmetics companies are really killing it with their summer collections this year. In addition to MAC's Baking Beauties and Lise Watier's India Gold (both of which I've posted about), I was recently introduced to the mark. Marrakesh Collection, inspired by one of Morocco's most historic imperial cities.


The Marrakesh Color Collection includes the Exotic Hues Eyeshadow Trio, two Nailed It Mini Nail Lacquers, and an Exotic Beauty Face Mosaic. The Exotic Hues shadows were inspired by the vibrant spices found in the city's souks and are baked for long-lasting wear (they work best used wet, in my opinion). The nail polishes come in Saffron, a glistening warm gold, and Mint Tea, a shimmering green. Both are opaque in two coats but a little streaky because they're frosts. Out of all the products, however, the Face Mosaic powder is my absolute favourite. The shades of coral, gold and bronze can be swirled together to create a radiant glow.


In addition to the Color Collection, the Marrakesh Instant Vacation Eau De Toilette Spray combines an exotic blend of Moroccan jasmine, neroli blossoms, spicy cardamom, wild fig, and crushed mint. As I'm sure you can imagine based on the description, it's a delicious and seductive fragrance that's perfect for summer. I personally love the scent though I think some people might find it too sweet and cloying.

The mark. Marrakesh collection is limited edition and available through AVON independent sales representatives, 1-800-265-AVON, or online.

15 comments:

  1. They're all beautiful products, love the colours!
    Fashion Ganache.
    http://fashionganache.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! The summer collections have really been amazing. I loved Clarins as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Splendours Collection, right? So beautiful... I love all the bronze-y products!

      Delete
  3. I love the face mosaic... it's just beautiful.

    http://lasaloperie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of all of these exotic make-up collections... I'm so boring when it comes to make-up, I doubt I'd actually try any of them, but they look wonderful. I love your two tone manicure!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super pretty products! I love golds and olives against tan skin in the Summer. Nothing better!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marrakesh was one of my favorite cities and I miss it esp the mint tea! This collection really draws me in with it's Moroccan inspiration! I wish I was able to smell that perfume - it sounds so wonderful :D but I'm picky when it comes to scents so I always smell them first. Thanks for the review :D I really enjoyed reading through this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucky you! I've always wanted to visit Morocco.

      Delete
  7. Ooh wow, the face mosaic looks so pretty! The perfume sounds amazing too... I'm a fan of jasmine-based scents!

    Ellie | Ellalogy 

    ReplyDelete
  8. These products look so pretty and summery!

    Hannah x

    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. The colours are so different and unique! So very exotic hahaha

    Louise
    Vanity Corner

    ReplyDelete
  10. those nail colors are very cute!

    Check out my beauty blog and giveaway:

    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/

    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/2013/05/summer-beauty-essentials-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi this is a lovely blog honey I think we should follow on GFC and Bloglovin? what do you think?
    let me know I'll follow back for sure
    New post is up on my blog you should have a look :)
    oxoxoxo
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Pretty makeup! I love the colors!

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.