July 11, 2013

What's In My Beach Bag? (& June Must-Reads)

Question of the month from Kristen: What are your beach bag essentials?

Vancouver's been having a heat wave recently so this question comes at the perfect time. Here are some of the things I like to carry with me when I'm spending a day at the beach (which is conveniently just a short walk away from my home!)...


BEACH TOWEL
Mine is from Aritzia. I have a stockpile of these in various colours/designs because they've been the Private Pre-Sale gift for Tier 1 customers for the last few years.

SUNSCREEN & ALOE
My go-to sunscreens are Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Water Light Daily Face Sunscreen (reviewed here) and Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry Touch Sunscreen. The AVON Sun+ Cooling After Sun Aloe Gel is also a must... my boyfriend and I used a ton of this when we were in Hawaii after we spent a bit too much time in the sun.

DRINKS & SNACKS
I always fill up a water bottle with ice to keep it cold (mine is a Klean Kanteen) and bring along a few snacks. Lately I've been loving dried fruits and veggies from a local store, AYOUB'S.

READING MATERIAL
Right now I'm reading The 100-Year-Old Man Who Climbed Out The Window And Disappeared by Jonas Jonasson. This book is SO funny that I've actually become one of those people who laughs out loud in public when I'm reading it.


I'm always curious to see what other people carry in their beach bags (or bags in general) so if you've done a similar post, let me know. And don't forget to check out the other girls' must-reads for the month of June!

20 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 11, 2013

    I really enjoyed reading your summer time blog. Thanks for sharing!

    I'm also loving the idea of "glamping" for the summer. There's a video about it on YouTube at http://youtu.be/3TW_K_-JatU and I'm looking forward to being glamorous while camping this summer!

    Vanessa :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember these times when beach was just around the corner from home! Ugh, you just reminded me that I really do miss Vancouver... ;(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use the same sunscreen! Good stuff :)

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sigh, I just have my ONE Aritzia towel from 2010 from my Tier 1 days and then I dropped off the face of the Aritzia planet. I carry my water in a thermos so it stays ice cold all day! The last time I did it, it was ice cold for 8 hours! I am also adding that book to my list! I am looking for something lighthearted after reading "Room" by Emma Donaghue!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So funny that we did similar posts so close together! Here's my What's in My Beach post: http://style-rhapsody.blogspot.com/2013/07/whats-in-my-bag-beach-edition.html

    Also, your post has reminded me that I really need to pack snacks in my beach bag. I always get hungry but get too lazy to get up and buy something. Must pack snacks for this weekend!

    Marisa
    http://style-rhapsody.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. That really seems to be a must have when you go to beach! I had something similar when I went to beach too!!

    Would you like to follow each other on Bloglovin and GFC? Let me know!

    Newest Post:How to wear one summer scarf in 5 different ways

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dried bananas are the best. I find Neutrogena sun creams the best!

    http://ronnie-diaries.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I always fill up a water bottle with ice to keep it cold" - i could really use this tip :D i drink a lot of water and have problems with this every time i go the beach :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can also freeze a water bottle overnight and it'll stay cold most of the day even in the hot sun!

      Delete
  9. We both love the same face sunscreen ;-) Love the Aritzia beach towel!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We've been having a heat wave in the UK too! yaay summer is finally here.
    I've been looking for a face sunscreen so will check out your review.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wanna check out that book now!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. aaawww wanna read this funny book! need a good book!
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. great post! i wish it's summer time again in this part of the world :D

    -Dress Me Up Buttercup

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great beach bag items!
    Fashion Ganache.
    http://fashionganache.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. ohhh love this!! ohhh going to check out your book!! looks so interesting! I love a good lough out loud book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love that the weather here has been so great! Definitely feels like summer and sunscreen is a must! Love your choices bday twin!

    Melissa
    http://miss-melissa.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm in need of a new book to read! This sounds like a good one!

    www.kacieskloset.blogspot.com
    www.daisyraeboutique.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.