July 27, 2014

Trust Fund Beauty Nail Polish

I was first introduced to Canadian indie polish line, Trust Fund Beauty, back in February of this year and have been a fan ever since. Aimed at bringing out your inner rich bitch (no matter what your financial situation), Trust Fund Beauty offers a range of themed colour collections featuring witty, tongue-in-cheek names like "Pre-Nup", "Nip Slip", and "They're Just Jealous" to name a few examples. Added bonus? All the polishes are 5-free.


The chic rectangular bottles are priced at $15 CAD, though you can try their sample trios if you're not sure what colour to choose -- and there are many to choose from! I'm sharing three of my favourites with you today: Virgin?, Just Talk to My Lawyer, and Rehab and Repeat.


Virgin? is a pale milky pink that's a great dupe of my eternal favourite, OPI Bubble Bath. These types of shades can sometimes be difficult to work with since you really need to layer up to reach opacity. This is three coats.


Just Talk To My Lawyer is hard to describe... it's a dark brown initially but as you layer it, it begins to lean more red. Given my occupation, I went for this one based on the name alone, obviously. But it'll be a great Fall colour!


Rehab And Repeat is a forest green with a hint of silver shimmer particles. The polish is jelly-like and very pretty. This is two coats (I probably could have done three but the patchiness was not nearly as noticeable on my nails as it turned out to be in photos).

14 comments:

  1. I really like Rehab and Repeat! Did you find that these polishes smelled quite strongly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do smell quite strong though I didn't find them any different from most other polishes. Did you find them really strong?

      Delete
  2. I love all of these colors! They look great on you!!

    Amanda | feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful colors! Thanks for sharing...I had never heard of this brand before :)

    xo Azu

    www.raven-locks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Virgin is such a pretty color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are so cute! I love their branding. The names are too funny! Do you know if they will be available in the USA?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As far as I know the polishes are only available online right now but they do ship to the USA!

      Delete
  6. I am so typical and love the dark colour! These polishes look great and I love the packaging :) Do you find that you have to do 2 coats?

    Phoebe | Eat. Live. Love. Repeat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, isn't the packaging great? It was 2 coats for Just Talk To My Lawyer :)

      Delete
  7. The names of these polishes are AMAZING!! Love the branding!
    What was the drying time like for virgin? I'm looking for a similar pale right now but every time I try to apply more than 2 coats, I end up getting impatient and the third coat gets ruined. Your swatches look perfect!!

    xo,
    thedemuremuse.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They dry a little on the slower side but I always use a fast drying top coat to speed up the process.

      Delete
  8. Love Rehab and Repeat and it's good to see Just Talk To My Lawyer on you! Great colour for Fall!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.