March 14, 2010

Essie Mint Candy Apple

Essie Mint Candy AppleSince Spring is basically here, I've been lusting over pastel nail colours like crazy. Baby pinks, light yellows, robin's egg blues... and of course, mint green! I was so excited when I found Essie's Mint Candy Apple because I love the colour and I've been reading rave reviews on tons of nail polish blogs. This shade was released with Essie's Winter 2009 collection, Sweet Time of the Year but should still be available for sale.

I found this to be quite tricky application-wise, but I find that with pretty much all Essie nail polishes. I think it has something to do with the brushes and the overall formula. The first coat goes on streaky, second coat is a bit better. I had to do 3 coats to get the colour as opaque as I wanted it. I think it might help to do thicker coats rather than thin ones and top it off with Seche Vite quick drying top coat to hide any imperfections.

I decided to add a little 3D rubber nail art bow from Haute Nails to my thumb nails, which I think made for a very simple but cute and girly mani!

Essie Mint Candy Apple

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.