April 3, 2010

OPI Jade Is The New Black

OPI Jade Is The New Black Okay, so I know I'm supposedly in the middle of a 4-part review series of the OPI Alice in Wonderland Collection but I decided there's no harm in breaking up the reviews (and because I just couldn't help myself!). I've been dying to try Jade is the New Black from the new OPI Hong Kong collection since it's been getting rave reviews. The collection itself has a good mix of colours, from golds to reds and even a blue.

It's such a unique shade of green and really is reminiscent of jade! Unfortunately I found application rather annoying. I think it has something to do with the formula... thick but somehow streaky and almost watery at the same time? Weird. I only used two coats because I felt that adding another would make it way too thick. It came out opaque enough and the "flaws" aren't really noticeable except to my own eyes. I think I'll overlook how much I hated the application process since the colour is so gorgeous. I also got lots of compliments, which is always a bonus!

3 comments:

  1. gorgeous colour! i've been looking for pretty greens lately.

    awesome blog. it's great to see other canadian beauty/fashion blogs :)

    -dani
    http://onemustbe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love this colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this one looks really nice :) I really feeling the greens that have been coming out this year. Nothing compares of course to the new Chanel green so expensive, but it's nice to day dream :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.