May 11, 2010

Essie Pink Parka

Essie Pink ParkaSince the weather's been so nice, I've been in the mood for super bright colours. Enter Essie Pink Parka, which was (ironically?) released with Essie's Fall Cuddle With Colour collection. It's a highlighter-bright neon pink which I think screams "Summer" way more than Fall. However, I'm not snobby about seasonal nail colours... I wear whatever I feel like no matter what time of year they're intended for!

Unfortunately, the application process was completely awful. I used 3 coats and it was still super streaky. The only positive is that because the polish is a neon, it dries extremely fast. The finish is matte, which seems somewhat incompatible with the streakiness. Top coat (I used Seche Vite, of course) definitely helps to create a more polished look and hide the streaks.

Despite hating the application process, I will continue using this colour because there is no other like it. It's very unique and I love having "statement" nails.

7 comments:

  1. KatherineMay 11, 2010

    I have recently been using Seche Vite and I LOVE it!! I don't think I will ever use another top coat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute pink!! The only bright pink I have is Essie Watermelon, but it's too dark for my taste and this would have been a much better choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a pretty pink! :) I love it.

    -Christina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Essie is definitely my brand of choice when it comes to pinks. My favourite is Pillow Talk - it's quite neutral and perfectly work appropriate :)
    -angela

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this colour and just had it done at a salon - where can you buy it? I really want it for a coninuous neon summer!

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Erin,
    I bought mine at Shopper's when the collection came out last year. It's long gone from there now but if you're in Vancouver, you might be able to find it at Shiffeon. They have a wide variety of Essie colours (that's where I found my Mint Candy Apple!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow thats a cute pink! Im doing a project for science on Neon so i should wear that nail polish!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.