May 4, 2010

Marc by Marc Jacobs Hillier Hobo

I've been on the hunt for a classic black leather bag for quite some time now. I needed something large (but not too large) and versatile enough to go with a wide variety of outfits. Plus, I prefer a bag where I have the option of wearing it on my shoulder or holding it in my hand.

Sounds simple enough, right? I thought so too, but there are just so many choices out there! I had it narrowed down to a few (the Coach Brooke and Foley & Corinna City Tote among them) but finally decided on the ONE... the Marc by Marc Jacobs Classic Q Hillier Hobo!

This gorgeous bag is now in my possession and I am madly in love (er... as much as one can be with an inanimate object). The leather is buttery soft, the print lining is gorgeous, and I love the hardware. It's tasteful without screaming "Look at me, I'm designer!"

8 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 04, 2010

    so no designer bag with multicolor logos for you? :P

    yeah, me neither. haha! this bag is gorgeous. what's the lining look like? i'm such a sucker for lining!

    -dani
    http://onemustbe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha.. Alison, I have this bag too! Mine is in chambray but I wish I can collect all the colours, I love the style so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Dani,
    The lining is a "Marc Jacobs" print and you can see what it looks like here.

    @Perdita,
    The chambray one is so cute!! I love the colour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg....i love this bag!!! did you buy it from Aritzia? it's totally worth the investment but the price is still out of my budget. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Tracy,
    Yes, I got it from Aritzia because Holt Renfrew didn't have any in black. It's definitely an "investment piece" for me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have one almost identical to the one in your picture, but it's not leather :( I found it on clearance at costa blanca for $10! I chouldn't leave it, i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been eyeing that bag for months, but I'm looking for something that can also be worn crossbody, and the strap looks a touch short. Do your rock your Classic Q Hillier crossbody?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually do wear it crossbody sometimes! When doing so, it does fall higher than a typical messenger bag but it has never bothered me... I actually kind of prefer crossbody wearing to fall higher so the bag isn't bouncing around against my hip (personal preference).

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.