May 5, 2010

MAC Blue India

MAC Blue IndiaAfter seeing all the gorgeous swatches of MAC Blue India from the Give Me Liberty of London collection, I knew this was a polish I needed to own. Unfortunately, by the time I managed to find the time to go out and look for it, it was sold out at most stores. I was lucky enough to grab the last two bottles (one for me and one for a friend) from the downtown MAC on Robson Street.

First things first, the packaging is absolutely adorable. The box features a gorgeous print (I should have taken a picture but this is easily found on Google) and the bird on the bottle adds a little something extra. Plus I've always liked MAC's nail polish bottles with their sleek shape and "nubby" black tops (similar to NARS packaging if my descriptor makes no sense whatsoever).

I've stayed away from MAC nail polishes in the past because I know a lot of people find their formulas unworkable. But Blue India is different. It's a cream formula and applied very easily! Only two coats to achieve opacity, but I applied a third one anyway.

I think the best part about the polish, however, is the unique colour. It's a beautiful slate grey-blue which is perfect for more "moody" days.

5 comments:

  1. It looks great on you. I hope they have it in the MAC location in Metrotown. I'd hate to have to go Downtown for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. AnonymousMay 05, 2010

    i love this colour! it's so unique. and i can't tell you how refreshing it is to see real (and short) nails on a blog :p

    -dani
    http://onemustbe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. So jealous. It looks even better on than in the bottle. I wonder if the blue will come through more as the colour fade?

    -Sara
    www.hummingbirding.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Dani,
    Thanks! I can't stand long nails on myself since they are totally impractical.

    @Sara,
    Actually, since I've been wearing this shade for a few days I've noticed that it's looking a bit greenish. Very intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousMay 14, 2010

    This color is hot, it reminds me of one of my favourite paint colors from BHER paints new paint and primer in one collection. I believe it's called slate actually.

    True Queen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.