July 12, 2010

Poncho's

Most people find it shocking that I don't particularly like Mexican food. It's not that I don't like it per se... but more that it would be the last cuisine on my list if I were to choose. But nevertheless, I won't deny a trip to a Mexican restaurant (I do love food, after all!). One of my favourite Mexican places in Vancouver is Poncho's, a cute family-run joint in the West End right between Stanley Park and English Bay.


If you're lucky, there will be live music to entertain you while you eat. Even better is when the owners bring around instruments for every single patron to play while you dance and sing along to such classics as "La Bamba." As you can see, I was very excited about shaking my maraca!

Homemade salsa and chips are standard with every meal, and I absolutely recommend the pina coladas. Mmm...


I generally order some type of chicken dish. The above is a fried chicken filet with seasoned potatoes and a mixed salad. Personally, I find the food only average for the price (you're looking at around $15-30 per person depending on what you order). However, the atmosphere is great and I love the authenticity of it all. Worth going to at least once!

Address: 827 Denman Street, Vancouver, BC

1 comment:

  1. Oh man! That chicken looks good! Mostly because I love Mexican food!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.