August 20, 2010

Nicole by OPI Gossip Girl Collection: Nicole... Spotted!

Nicole by OPI Nicole...Spotted!
Last month I mentioned how excited I've been for the Nicole by OPI Gossip Girl collection (here) so of course I gravitated immediately to the in-store display. After mulling over the polishes for a while, I finally settled on Nicole... Spotted! and decided to pass on the other three colours. I suspect most people will be snapping up Too Rich For You, however, which is a duo-chrome blue/green.

Nicole... Spotted! is a glitter polish which contains varying sizes of glitter suspended in a jelly-like bluish-green base. The first coat goes on very sheer so I decided to apply thicker coats to see what I could get. My picture shows 3 relatively thick coats, which ended up relatively opaque. You could apply thinner coats to get a sheerer look.

All in all, application was easy, although it helps to wait a bit between coats to prevent dragging. I applied Seche Vite top coat to counteract the gritty-feeling that glitter polishes leave on the nails and make mine more smooth.

I think this is a great, unique polish and perfect for anyone who loves glitters. It looks great on its own, but I'm excited to try this layered over other polishes for a gradiant effect.

2 comments:

  1. Hello!
    I just saw your blog and I liked it, so I'll follow you.
    I love watching nail polish and designs, we also do makeup and fashion :)

    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have this polish and love it! I did a blue gradient manicure and it turned out really amazing.
    I also got the other two blues from the collection (Too Rich For You and Party in the Penthouse), they are both equally gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.