October 13, 2010

Essie Fall 2010: Little Brown Dress

Essie Little Brown Dress
The Essie Fall 2010 collection features a lot of really great cool weather colours, and I know Sew Psyched (a sage green) and Merino Cool (similar to Sephora by OPI's Metro Chic) have been at the top of many people's "to-buy" lists. Aside from these more popular colours, however, I think one of the most standout polishes in the collection is Little Brown Dress.

LBD is a dark chocolate creme - a polish colour I've never actually worn before. There's something about brown, especially a shade like this, that has always seemed a little odd to me. Nonetheless, dark nails are a Fall staple of mine so I decided it was time to branch out a bit.

With LBD, what you get is a colour so dark it's almost black, yet still remains distinctly brown. It's kind of vampy, kind of sexy, and kind of classy all at the same time.

I was also quite impressed with the formula, considering Essie polishes tend to be hit or miss. LBD is richly pigmented and was opaque in only two coats. The polish is super glossy so you can even skip the top coat.

A perfect alternative to black or dark purples and burgundies! I will definitely be inserting this into regular rotation.

3 comments:

  1. ooh! i didnt know this polish came out when Sew Psyched came out! this one is definitely underrated but its so beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, love it. I am loving all the Fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Katrina, I know! I would never think to wear brown because it's kind of a weird nail colour, but I'm glad I decided to be adventurous (haha).

    @Ms. Givens, dark Fall colours are my favourite!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.