December 26, 2010

OPI Brand New Skates

OPI Brand New Skates
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas (or other holiday-related celebration)! It's been so nice to relax, not have to worry about anything, and stuff my face with delicious food.

In the spirit of the season, I thought it would be appropriate to paint my nails one of my absolute favourite cool weather colours: Brand New Skates by OPI. This is from the 2008 Holiday in Toyland Collection and has been a staple for me ever since it came out.

You just can't go wrong with this gorgeous metallic charcoal! It's packed with lots of glitter so that it shines differently in all sorts of lighting. Brand New Skates is quite a unique colour too; I don't think there are really any dupes for it.

Application, as with most OPI polishes is also great. You can reach opacity in two semi-thick coats, though I usually do three just for good measure.

7 comments:

  1. Ohh, it looks pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, this is a pretty polish! i've hand BNS for a while but i havent tried it yet.. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wear nail polish at work so I rarely wear it... however I always love it on other people. This colour is so pretty and perfect for the holidays!

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  4. @wuguimei, it looks even better in real life! I wish my camera could capture the sparkles!

    @Katrina, I can't wait to see what creative mani you come up with when you finally do use it :)

    @Melissa, once I start my full-time job next year I'll have to tone down my nail looks a lot... have been trying to get my fill of the less work-appropriate looks while I can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, I LOVE gray and charcoal shades, must get my hands (or nails, ha) on this one among eleventy billion other polishes on my wishlist, lol! I'm wearing MAC's "Jade Dragon" on my nails right now, the super dark, deep, shimmery green that came out this past fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy new year :) OPI colors are great and i love what you used :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I love this shade and haven't seen it until now! Very pretty :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.