January 31, 2011

Dine Out Vancouver 2011: Samba Brazilian Steakhouse

You know those times where there's not a single moment to rest and it seems like there's no end in sight? For me, this past week has been one of those, and I was glad to finally get a break last night.

Horse-Print Blouse: Zara / Jeggings: 7 For All Mankind
Jazz Shoes: Aldo / Cuff Bracelet: gift from Mexico


Dine Out Vancouver is back again (see my 2010 reviews of Stonegrill and Accent Dinner Cruises) and being the food-lover that I am, I couldn't let this one pass by without at least checking out one restaurant. My bf wanted to go to Samba Brazilian Steakhouse, which specializes in Brazilian BBQ. Their specialty is all-you-can-eat meat (plus a salad bar) but we decided to go with the Dine Out menu ($28) just 'cause!

I've never eaten Brazilian food so I wasn't sure what to expect. For my appetizer, I chose the Fried Polenta Sticks with Bolognese Sauce (they are less like sticks and more like squares). The sauce was literally all meat and really filling. Honestly, if I wasn't super hungry I think I could have eaten just this as a meal. My bf's appie (Flat Bread with Salmon Tartar) was a lot smaller than mine but it tasted pretty good.


For our entrées, we both selected the Filet Mignon in Demi Glace with Cassis Sauce, Champagne Risotto and Grilled Asparagus. It was fine but not the best steak I've ever had. Also, risotto is not my favourite thing in the world.


At this point, I was feeling really full but I am not one to say "no" to dessert, and especially not tiramisu. Yummy!!


Ambiance-wise, the restaurant decor is awful. It looks like a banquet hall or some type of family restaurant from the early 90's. I mean, you wouldn't be coming here for a "romantic" date anyway, but I did think it was odd. The Brazilian dancers and live music were a nice touch though.

Overall, my Dine Out experience was okay but I think next time, we'll probably try Samba's all-you-can-eat option since that's what they're known for.

Location: 1122 Alberni Street, Vancouver, BC
Website: http://www.thaihouse.com/samba/

6 comments:

  1. The all you can eat meat & your appie both sound delicious! I wish Dine Out lasts longer than just 2 weeks; I went to Chambar last week but don't think I can squeeze in another Dine Out trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe I love the horse blouse from Zara!! I've never had Brazilian food either, but everything looks ahhhmazing! Will have to try it some time (the all you can eat though, as you recommend) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that first photo is so cute! your shoes look adorable, but that blouse is super cute!! :)

    thelibertybelleblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the first photo too, you look adorable! :) And we are celebrating Winterlicious right now as well, yaaay. Richard and I went out for a meal today, Indian food! :D Still debating on whether or not I want to try another one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @PD, I really think they should have it twice a year... it was awesome when it got pushed back last year because of the Olympics and it was actually nice weather! Chambar is yummyyy though unfortunately I can't eat their famous moules et frites :(

    @aliciafashionista, I am always drawn to anything equestrian! As soon as I saw this blouse I had to have it!

    @Leigh Thank you!! :)

    @Deb yayyyyyyy for FOOD! I love these set menu events, I seriously look forward to them every year.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I absolutely love that top! Wish I had Zara around where I lived. Lol.
    The food looks soooo yummy too. Makin me hungry. :)

    Hope we can follow one another. :)

    -Sandra.*
    (www.cardinalmess.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.