January 23, 2011

Sally Hansen Ring My Shell

Sally Hansen Ring My Shell
I have a lot of professional obligations this week, so decided to choose something more neutral and work-appropriate for my nails. I decided on Ring My Shell by Sally Hansen which is, unfortunately, limited edition from the Tracy Reese Spring/Summer 2010 collection and may be hard to find now - if at all.

I usually don't like frosty colours like this, but Ring My Shell is really pretty. It's a silver shimmer but in some lights it looks pink, in other lights more lavendar. Actually, it reminds me of mother-of-pearl (maybe that inspired its name?)

Application-wise, it's on par with the other Complete Salon Manicure polishes. The wide brush with tapered ends makes it easy to apply the colour in three broad strokes with little mess. However, because Ring My Shell is a shimmer and somewhat sheer, you have to be careful to paint straight because brush strokes are visible, no matter how many layers you use.

This polish is, of course, a departure from my preferred light creme colours. Not something I'd wear everyday but I think it does the job quite well.

4 comments:

  1. i'm not a fan of shimmer-y nail polishes, too! but i think this one is nice.. not so much attention getter :)

    <3 hazel
    thethriftycloset

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, pretty! :) I'm like you, frosty light neutral shades aren't my forte, but every so often there's a really nice shade that hooks you. My fave is MAC's Demi Blanc, waaay back in the LE "N" collection from 2008. And heehee, the mother of pearl reference sounds right, but the name is definitely also a play on the song name, "Ring My Bell", LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Hazel, it's definitely not attention-grabbing but people still noticed it :D

    @Deb, haha it does remind me of that song too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty color!

    And thank you for visiting my blog and the lovely comment. :)

    xox Courtney Michele
    http://rarereveuse.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.