May 13, 2011

Tutorial: Leopard Print Nails

A number of people were wondering how I did the leopard print nails in this recent blog post so I thought I'd do a quick tutorial. These are actually really simple to do and are super customizable because you can choose whatever colours you like. Who says leopard print has to be "traditional" anyway?

So to get started, you will need three different nail polishes: a base colour, a colour for the spots, and colour to line the spots with (it's easier if you have a nail art pen but you can use a paint brush/old eyeliner brush with regular nail polish too).

Here's what I used for this tutorial:

OPI Pamplona Purple, AA Peacock, Kiss Nail Art Paint in Black

1. Paint your nails the base colour and let it dry.
2. Use the spot colour to paint different sized spots over your nails.
3. Using the liner colour, dab around the spots randomly. Don't worry if it's a little imperfect.

4. Brush on top coat (I've been loving Essie Good To Go recently), and you're done!


I hope this tutorial was somewhat useful... please let me know if you try it out - I'd love to see your take on it!

15 comments:

  1. i LOVE this! i especially love that you didn't use the typical leopard colours. this is so fun! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. how fun! i definitely have to try this out! :) thanks for sharing!

    & oh! my favorite things to do are also the same... eating, cleaning, organizing, & reading. HAHAHA. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. IT looks so great. I'll definitely give it a try x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh La La.. wonderful nails my dear!

    xx Love & Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh! thanks for the tutorial! it's so lovely!

    Find me on:
    From Catwalk to Classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  6. UAU super fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is neat...I'm an OPI nut. That purple reminds me a little of OPI Ate Berries in the Canaries.

    Dhalia

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Dhalia They are pretty similar! Though I think Pamplona Purple is a bit more on the darker purple side than Ate Berries in the Canaries.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sweet tutorial! This is awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. so cute! you make it look so easy but i know when i try it, it'll be a mess. :/

    ReplyDelete
  11. very cute! i love funky nail tutorials!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the leopard print, especially that it's not your traditional leopard colors!

    cute & little

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the link, this looks really helpful :) x

    ReplyDelete
  14. @cryskay It really isn't that hard... it's supposed to look a bit messy!

    @kileen I know, I love that this nail look can be translated into any colour.

    @Jen You're welcome :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.