December 9, 2011

What's In My Work Bag?

I've always enjoyed those "what's in my bag?" blog posts and Youtube videos, so why not do my own? I personally love seeing what people carry with them on a daily basis... it's funny how some are super minimalistic while others seem to carry their entire lives with them. I think I fit somewhere in the middle, but I'll let you guys be the judges of that!

Since the majority of my week is spent at work, I decided it made most sense to show my work bag. Evenings and weekends I tend to carry a lot less in a different/smaller purse (usually my Marc by Marc Jacobs Hillier Hobo).

Anyway, so here is my black Longchamp Le Pliage "Shopping" Tote (I also have a purple one and a limited edition red Galeries Lafayette one from Paris) and what's inside:


WALLET
My beloved Miu Miu Matelasse wallet (in pale pink, stone, and sea blue), which was a gift from my bf. It holds all my cards and money, of course!

MAKE-UP BAG
This is the Tory Burch Brigitte Cosmetic Case in "Dakar" (different prints here, here, and here). It fits quite a bit but I try not to carry too much makeup around with me because not only can it get heavy but I'm afraid of losing my favourite or limited edition products somehow. Maybe I'm just paranoid, haha.

BUS PASS
If I drove to work, parking would cost me a fortune so it's much cheaper for me to take transit. Thankfully my bus ride is only 15-20 minutes; I don't know if I could handle a super long commute!

WATER
Staying hydrated is essential so I try to carry a bottle of water with me at all times. Usually I have a refillable Bobble but recently I've been drinking this Icelandic Glacial natural spring water. It tastes great, is the world's first carbon neutral water brand, and I love the glacier-inspired bottles. Random but cool fact: Parfums Christian Dior recently selected Icelandic Glacial as a key ingredient in its new line of skincare products!

PLANNER
I'm obsessed with organization so I keep track of my entire life in my Moleskine, which is colour-coded thanks to my collection of Staedtler pens! Check out this post for an example of what it looks like on the inside.

SNACKS
I hate being hungry with nothing to eat so snacks are important. I usually carry a granola bar of some sort and/or fruit. This strawberry tupperware container was from Daiso, the Japanese $2 store. I couldn't resist, it was too cute!

UMBRELLA
It rains all the time here in Vancouver and I hate getting stuck without an umbrella. Especially in the Fall/Winter months, I always have one in my bag. This one is by Moschino.

EPI-PEN
I'm the queen of allergies (nuts, shellfish, most raw fruits and veggies, dust, pollen, hay fever, etc. etc.). Unfortunately my nut allergy is deadly so having an Epi-Pen on hand is a necessity.

CELLPHONE & HEADPHONES, GUM, KEYS


And here's a peak at a few of the things I carry in my makeup bag (other less exciting things include Band-Aids and bobby pins). I try to keep it to a minimum but always end up toting around a ton of lip products for some unknown reason.

Vasanti Lipshine in North Sea, Benefit Ultra Shines in Who Are You Wearing?, Paul & Joe L/E Lipgloss, MAC 
Lipglass in Nymphette, Chanel Rouge Coco Mademoiselle, MAC Hug Me Lipstick, EOS lip balm, Hello Kitty 
tissues, MAC Studio Fix, MAC Pressed Blot Powder, L'Occitane En Provence Cherry Blossom Hand Cream


If any of you have done a similar post or Youtube video, please post a link because I'd love to see!

35 comments:

  1. love your miu miu purse
    http://sienastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this type of posts so thanks for sharing yours! I carry similar things as you do in my bag but I tend to overpack my makeup bag with things like bandaids, hair ties, Qtips, etc. because I'm paranoid like that :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. PD Oh, I carry bandaids, hair ties, and bobby pins in my makeup bag too... you never know when they'll come in handy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man... if I did a WIMB post you'd think I'm a bag lady LOL. I love your Miu Miu wallet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i think i'm the type of person who carries her life inside her bag because my fiance always complains that it's too heavy...hehe.


    ♥ vanilla ice cream ♥
    shopyapi.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. great feature on everything in your work bag! I like each description..FUN!

    <3Amanda
    feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete
  7. Vonnie Do one! I want to see!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooh I love the what's in your bag posts. You really do carry around quite a bit! Your bag's contents are so cute though.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your cosmetic bag, gorgeous!

    I did one a while bag, here is the link http://gayleswishlist.blogspot.com/2011/08/20110812-whats-in-my-bag.html

    Check out my giveaway too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa! That's a lot of lip products!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your purse is so cute. We love it!:)

    Much love from the SABO SKIRT girls!
    SHOP: http://www.saboskirt.com
    BLOG: http://www.saboskirt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. How funny, I never leave the house without a granola bar in my nag too. :) Your Miu Miu wallet is beautiful by the way!

    www.fashaholicsanonymous.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Everything is adorable! The strawberry tupperware - I want!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I adore your strawberry tupperware box, that is the cutest thing ever. Also a big fan of EOS lipbalm, loving the lemon one at the moment, they are the most moisturising lip balms ever!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pretty Miu Miu wallet :) Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  16. The things that I have in my bag always vary. Lots of random things!

    ReplyDelete
  17. That strawberry box is so cute <3
    Also we use the same hand cream ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love these kind of posts! I should also do one!:D

    Stop by some time and feel free to join my new Swarovski Giveaway:D

    xxx

    Mia's Little Corner

    ReplyDelete
  19. i LOVEEEE looking in ppl's purses hahah.. omgosh that strawberry container is SO FREAKIN' ADORABLE!!!! i heart your tory burch makeup bag the print is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  20. i've always wanted to do a blog post like this! i love seeing what other people carry in their bags! thanks for the comment on my blog, hope you will stop by again soon!

    style-extraordinaire.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that strawberry thing! Looks so cute!

    Loves,
    Rowan

    www.redreidinghood.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooh a whole bunch of really cute things in your purse :) Mine is so boring haha.

    ReplyDelete
  23. love these kinds of posts! love your miu miu wallet! xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I always love these posts - I did one a long time ago and have been thinking of doing another one recently, but I'm always a little embarrassed by just how much stuff I carry around. [Think four different kinds of aspirin/allergy medication and you'll start to get an idea of what the inside of my bag looks like.] It looks like you carry around some really lovely things- you wallet is stunning! I think you've inspired me... I'll probably do a post like this in the next few weeks :)
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  25. Nice and neat! If there were a true shot of my purse it'd be a whole mess of things - receipts, phone cords, 10 different glosses, random pieces of paper, napkins from every restaurant...etc

    Dirty Pink Cardigan

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dang giiirl, if I ever ran into you in a random washroom I'm totally going to borrow your make-up for touch-ups! LOL. You carry everything in that make-up bag haha. The only thing I carry for make-up is lipstick, and liquid liner. Sometimes eyelash glue, but I always forget it.... I kinda want to start carrying foundation as well just in case my face decides to unpretty itself mid day or something.... -___- or I'll have to hunt you down!

    Hope you're enjoying your week so far!

    Bonnie
    http://ItsStrangelyMe.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. first thing i noticed was your wallet- I like! :) I did a post like this once... unlike yours, mine purse contains a lot fo old receipts and trash... lol

    ReplyDelete
  28. lovely stuff in your work bag! ohh your Miu Miu pouch is soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I totally have a soft spot for these what's in my bag posts! I've never done one, but you might have just inspired me to :)! I also carry around a planner to stay organized, and I loooove your Miu Miu wallet! xo

    ReplyDelete
  30. love the miumiu! :D
    http://spliffedcookies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh thank you for the epi pen addition haha. I'm pretty allergic to wasps so don't have to worry about carrying it around for the time being, but in the summer it's terrifying and I have to have one on me all the time. Have you ever had to use it? I'm so scared of them, haven't had to use one yet.

    Absolutely love your wallet, so cute! Loving this post :)

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete
  32. oh yay, I love these posts too - great getting a sneak peek, and I love your Miu Miu wallet -it's so pretty! Hope your week is fantastic, girly. xo

    ReplyDelete
  33. Bonnie You can totally borrow my makeup, haha!

    Alexandra I was attacked by a swarm of wasps this summer and stung over 20 times... considering all my allergies I was afraid I was allergic to wasp stings but thankfully not. Scary!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hehe I've noticed a lot of girls carry multiple lip products with them, so don't feel bad!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.