January 12, 2012

LUSH No Drought Dry Shampoo

I've always envied girls who can get away with not having to wash their hair everyday. Since my hair is super fine, it tends to get greasy fast and on sweltering summer days it often ends up looking like a hot mess by noon. Dry shampoos are often touted as saviours for people like me but until now I haven't had much luck. The last one I tried (Klorane) wouldn't blend into my hair no matter how much I brushed, leaving giant dandruff-like flakes all over my head. Trust me, not a good look.

So I gave up on dry shampoo for a while and resorted to pinning my bangs back when they started to separate. But I think I've finally found something that works! The kind people at LUSH sent over their new No Drought Dry Shampoo (it's about time they came out with one!), and though I was initially skeptical given my previous track record with dry shampoos, I'm so glad I decided to give this a try.


I can't really go without washing my hair everyday, but I've been using this as an afternoon pick-me-up when my hair starts to fall flat. For this purpose, it's done a good job at mattifying greasy strands. The texture is great; not chunky or too fine. And even though the powder is white, I am able to brush it out easily without an awful white cast left behind on my dark hair (the key is to apply sparingly).

No Drought also has a nice lemony scent which is quite refreshing. It's not a scent I would normally choose for regular shampoo/conditioner but it's certainly not offensive to the nose.

However, you'll notice the product comes packaged in one of LUSH's regular bottles, which makes it much more difficult to dispense than the dry shampoos that come in aerosol cans. When I first tried it, I accidentally dumped too much on my head, causing powder to fall all over my clothes and the counter. I think the best mode of application is to pour a little bit in your hands and apply manually. There is still some fallout but much less.

Despite the packaging problems the actual product works really well so if you're looking for a dry shampoo, I recommend giving No Dought a try. It's available for only $12.95 CAD in stores and online.

22 comments:

  1. You'll have to show us your hair :) but I live by a Lush and been looking for a good No Dry Shampoo, will have to try.

    Red Soles and Red Wine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have exactly the same problem! Can't go a single day without washing my hair or it just looks...unbearable :( I'll definitely be giving this a try

    ReplyDelete
  3. THanks for the sweet comment dear!

    I would love to try this product

    Followed you, Will you follow me back?

    www.thesanktuary.blogspot.com

    <3 Una

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm extremely lucky because I only have to wash my hair every other day & never have to resort to dry shampoo! But when my hair is being uncooperative, I usually use the dry shampoo by Oscar Blandi. I'll have to check this one out sometime - but I reaaaally hate going into lush! My nose is so sensitive haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. You will have to show us how it works on your hair ;) Thanks for sharing.

    Hope you had great a New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds awesome! I too have fine hair, and it would be handy to have something around in those, the day before washing days. Did it actually help your hair not be flat?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't found it to add much volume... maybe just a little at the roots. Volumizing products never work with my hair though!

      Delete
  7. ohh i've always wanted to try dry shampoo but haven't jumped on the bandwagon yet.. perhaps i will give this a try! :) thanks for the rec!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This would be so helpful to me! Totally would love to see some photos of your hair before/after!
    How exciting!
    xx


    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo


    http://urbanumbrella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've found dry shampoo to be a lifesaver when I can't wash my hair but it really must be used sparingly. I didn't know Lush had one. Will have check it out. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you just put it around the roots?

    I've been interested in dry shampoo but only from a curiosity standpoint. I have super thick hair, that I only wash twice a week, because my hair doesn't typically get oily often. So it probably wouldn't be that useful to me but I'm curious to how it works.

    Apparently baby powder is a good alternative to dry shampoo as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I sprinkle it on my roots mainly at the front of my hair and on my bangs because those are the parts that start looking greasy by the end of the day. So jealous that you have such thick hair!

      Delete
  11. Oh I need to try this. I have the same problem with dry shampoo - it has never worked for me! I'm guessing I still have to wash my hair everyday but I'm interested to try this to give my hair some lift!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I will need to try this. I don't wash my hair everyday and I have been looking for a better dry shampoo to make the second day look as fabulous as the first. Thank you for the review and stopping by my blog.

    I am following you now, would love for you to follow back if you're interested!

    http://theclosetintervention.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds great! I'm defiantly going to be looking out for this product next time i'm shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Need to try this :)

    Thanx for stopping by...Would like to follow each other ?

    ♡ StylishByNature.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. good post!
    I have not tried dry shampoos, afraid that dandruff on which you write)
    http://kate-fashionschtick-kate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. Juicystar (or w/e her username is on youtube) recently did a review on this and got my bestie interested. I accompanied her when she purchased it and the sales associate was wondering why so many females were coming in for this particular product. Bestie loves it because she has fine hair and it gets oily easily mid-day.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Neat. I haven't tried Dry Shampoos but this one looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohh interesting... did not know something like this was in the markets. I've heard good things about LUSH products, might give this a try. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for sharing this! I used the Ojon dry shampoo before, but it's kind of pricey and the bottle clogged up. I never ended up getting another one, but I started just using baby powder sparingly. It makes my hair completely static-y though, so I think I'll give this one a try!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is awesome! I love using dry shampoo and I'm always trying out new brands to find a really good one. will have to try this!

    xoxox danni

    http://hellodenj.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.