February 2, 2012

Lumene Skincare

I was recently sent some products from Lumene, a Finnish skincare and beauty line whose formulations are packed full of Arctic plants and berries. I hadn't heard of the company before but I love their philosophy of "harnessing the power of natural Arctic ingredients with a Scandinavian approach to beauty to create skincare and cosmetics with proven effectiveness, integrity, and purpose."


Radiant Touch  with Arctic Cloudberry Moisturizing Toner
I don't use toners with alcohol because I usually find them too drying for my skin, so I was pleased to see that Lumene's toner is alcohol-free. The formula is extremely gentle, almost like water, and leaves the skin feeling refreshed. The cloudberry scent is difficult to describe but it's quite sweet and pleasant.

Radiant Touch with Arctic Cloudberry Moisturizing Cream Cleanser
The formula of this cleanser is lighter than other cream cleansers that I've used and doesn't do such a great job at removing my makeup at the end of the day. Like the toner, the scent is great, but I will be using this as my morning cleanser and using a more heavy-duty one at night.

Vitamin C+ with Arctic Cloudberry Pure Radiance Day Cream
This detox properties of cloudberry are supposed to make skin look brighter and more radiant. The cream's texture is very light and applies easily, though it is best formulated for dry to normal skin rather than my combination/oily skin. I do like that it has SPF 15, which is a must in a day-cream.

Time Freeze with Arctic Heather Firming Day Cream
This cream is thicker than the Pure Radiance Day Cream and doesn't have the same sweet cloudberry scent. In fact, it smells just like plain lotion, perhaps a bit chemically. I personally don't find it too offensive but I imagine some people might not like it. Although I don't have any wrinkles, I do prefer the thicker formula and like that it contains SPF 15.

Sensitive Touch Cleansing Wipes with Soothing Arctic Linen Seed
These wipes are not textured and less "wet" than other cleansing wipes I've used which I guess is what makes them so perfect for sensitive skin. They didn't irritate my skin at all, which can happen with more harsher formulas, but at the same time are probably not the best for removing heavy makeup.


These products seem perfect for sensitive skin that is more on the dry side since they have high moisturizing qualities. The cloudberry scent is delightful so if you are looking to try some Lumene products, I definitely recommend something containing that.

15 comments:

  1. I love lumene!!! They sold it at CVS for years by me and me and my sister swore by their beauty products. My skin looked incredible and then they discontinued it! boo!

    xx
    Krissie

    http://thecriminallyexpensive.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate when they discontinue things! Lumene is still available on the CVS website though... I'm impressed with how affordable it is for a natural skincare line.

      Delete
  2. Pretty interesting products..Hope I get to try these someday..=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous reviews and i love your tights in the last post hun! thank you so much for your sweet comment :) if you can remember, please vote everyday!! :) here is the link: http://tinyurl.com/6var9h8

    thanks again sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really nice blog dear :)
    IF you want check out my blog, i will be really greateful :)
    The Spotted Cherry Pie

    Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I've never tried Lumene, but I'd love to try the day cream!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both the day creams are quite nice; just depends on what your skin is like :)

      Delete
  6. Don't know this brand, but seems lovely.

    X, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, I have been using the advanced bio renewal cell masque from cellnique for quite a while now, and i find the product to be really useful. My skin doesnt appear dull anymore. Cellnique has a wide range of other products as well. If you're a fan of facial masks, then you should try out their Japan Silk Mask as well. Though they can be a tad bit pricey,however, their products are worth every dime.
    http://www.cellnique.com/bliv/japan-silk-mask
    :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation! I've actually tried the Cellnique Advanced Bio Renewal Masque (reviewed here) but I haven't heard of their Japan Silk Mask before.

      Delete
  8. I must say Cellnique products are pretty amazing! I used to battle with acne, blackheads and scars, but my skin has improved tremendously!:) Two thumbs up for their bliv' japan silk mask as i've tried them before.they are very generous with the essence content as well. I would definitely continue using this brand!

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow amazing

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.