March 23, 2012

güd from Burt's Bees

I've been a fan of Burt's Bees for years and have even featured a few of their products on my blog (see my reviews of their Pore Refining Scrub and Tinted Lip Balm) so I was excited to hear about the recent launch of their new line, güd.

The full collection includes all the bath and body products you can think of (shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body butter, body lotion, body mist, foaming hand wash, and hand cream) in 4 different scents: Floral Cherrynova, Orange Petalooza, Vanilla Flame, and Pearanormal Activity.


I was sent a sampling of all 4 scents to try out and here are my thoughts...

Floral Cherrynova: Cherry Blossom & Almond Milk. A very floral scent, quite feminine and definitely smells like cherry blossoms. My least favourite but that's because I don't tend to like florals.

Orange Petalooza: Blood Orange Flower. My favourite! Smells like a zingy citrus, very refreshing and crisp.

Vanilla Flame: Vanilla & Rice Milk. I always love vanilla scents and this one is warm and sweet. In my opinion, it's not as special as some of the other scents in this collection, but still very nice.

Pearanormal Activity: Pear & Acai Berry. Not quite a full-on pear scent due to the acai berry but very fruity and energizing. This is my second favourite after Orange Petalooza.

As you can see, there is definitely a scent to suit all tastes and what I love is how long-lasting they are. After slathering on the body lotion, for example, I can still smell it hours later. Furthermore, none of the products are tested on animals and contain no parabens, phthalates, or petrochemicals.

Unfortunately the line only seems to be available in the US right now but hopefully it will make its way to Canada (and internationally) soon.

25 comments:

  1. Looks like some very lovely products! Sure do hope they expand to Canada!
    xx


    The Urban Umbrella
    xoxo


    http://urbanumbrella.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Orange Petalooza sounds fantastic! I'm definitely drawn to more citrus scents over floral.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Burt's Bees products!

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  4. they all sound so yummy!! and the names of each scent are so clever!!


    <3Amanda
    feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they? I love when companies get creative about their products.

      Delete
  5. I want to try Pearanormal Activity for the awesome name alone :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I think it's my favourite name of the four too!

      Delete
  6. When I saw the photo, I thought they were Yogen Fruz products! Haha not sure if you have that in Vancouver but its a froyo place!

    Sounds yummy though - i'd love to give them a try :) Burts Bee product line have been building at Shoppers and I love that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, you're right! They kind of do look like the Yogen Fruz logo! Too funny.

      Delete
  7. I've only used Burt's Bees products on my 2-year-old but this makes me consider trying some for myself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I emptied my body lotion, cherry blossom, today. Really liked it, except it was sticky just after application... I made a review about it too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, I'm more attracted to the packaging! SO SO CUTE! Love the smiley U :)

    www.monochromachic.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Burt's Bees and these products look amazing. Great packaging and wonderful ingredients. I would love to try these. Very nice review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I could find some of 'em on my place.
    It would really mean a lot to me if you drop by!
    http://ohitsjoyce.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. The scent combinations sound lovely, great review! <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. I scratched and sniffed these in a magazine recently and there's one that smells like jasmine flower, which I don't see listed. Which one is it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm... I don't know! I thought there were only 4 scents... maybe it was the Floral Cherrynova? Though that one doesn't really smell like jasmine per se...

      Delete
  14. Sounds like nice scents!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love Burt's Bees! I want to try the orange flower one, it's typically one of my favorite scents too :) Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I absolutely love Burt's Bees and I didn't even know they'd launched a new line, sounds amazing! I'll have to try it, thanks for the review love!

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ooo I saw an ad for this in a magazine but didn't know it was part of the Burt's Bees line. I'll definitely have to check out some of the products then.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for your wonderful review! I haven't heard of Burt's Bees new line yet and I love their products too! I just found your blog, I love your style! If you get a sec, I'd love if you'd check out my blog =)

    xoxo,
    Suzie Q
    Style Cue by Suzie Q

    ReplyDelete
  19. Omgosh the smiley face on the "u" reminds me instantly of Yogen Fruz. For a second I thought they started their own beauty line haha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.