July 17, 2012

LUSH Cosmetics Launch: Emotional Brilliance Makeup

Big things are happening for LUSH Cosmetics on July 21, 2012. This date marks the launch of their brand new makeup line, Emotional Brilliance.


I was lucky enough to be invited to the pre-launch event at LUSH's newly renovated Robson Street store, and am so excited to share some photos with you. The new store features a beautiful open-concept layout, with easily accessible products every which way. It's like being in a candy store!


And now some info on Emotional BrillianceLong-time fans of LUSH may remember their earlier foray into makeup with the sister brand, B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful. Well, Emotional Brilliance takes the makeup experience to a whole new level by personalizing colours to your emotions. 

LUSH worked with renowned Strategic Behavioural Therapist Lady Kennedy, who specializes in taking someone from one state of mind and delivering them in another. I've always been a huge fan of personality tests (who doesn't like "learning" more about themselves?), so I was excited to try out the colour game that LUSH has come up with. Basically, you spin the wheel and choose the three colours that stand out to you in the moment.


The first colour choice symbolizes your strength or weakness; the second choice represents your subconscious need and the third choice is your talent and is what you require to achieve your subconscious need. As you can see, I picked Glamourous, Perspective, and Motivation.


The Emotional Brilliance line includes liquid lipsticks, liquid eyeliners, and cream eyeshadows in a range of gorgeous colours. There is also a translucent powder, mascara, and two skin tints.

I'm planning on doing a more comprehensive review of some of the products once my Bar Exams are over, so look for that in a few weeks!

31 comments:

  1. omg amazing post :)
    I love your blog!!

    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Lush so much and am so excited to hear about their makeup! I never knew that they had come out with a makeup line in the past, but I'll definitely have to give this one a try :)

    xoxo Alison
    www.stylingmylife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I believe B Never Too Busy To Be Beautiful came out in the early 2000s (2002/2003) but ceased doing business in 2009. It's exciting that LUSH is doing makeup again!

      Delete
  3. omgggg this is so fun!! what a cool re-opening!! i use to work for lush years and years ago.. and i love love that place!! their new makeup line looks so cool i will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to try some of their makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wrote a story on this! Such a cool concept, and especially as a past psych student, I love the colour therapy part of it! Missing Van events :(

    Alexandra xo

    http://tovogueorbust.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love LUSH Masks! I included a small feature in my blog as well :)The pics look soo colorful!

    Luv, Nyt
    Metajojuana under a Starry Nyt

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss Lush so much! The renovated store looks gorgeous. I could lose myself in there.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the Lush products are so adorable! i love their soaps!


    Say meow to me on:
    Miss Kwong: From Catwalk to Classroom

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love LUSH masks! Amazing post, love. If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest post for LaurenConrad.com. xo

    www.fashboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Lush - the line sounds brilliant! I can't wait until my local Lush starts to carry it.

    Courtney ~ http://sartorialsidelines.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. July 21st, it'll be hitting stores worldwide!

      Delete
  11. LOVE LOVE LOVE your blog! You have a new follower xxx

    http://what-evie-wore-next.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like an interesting line!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pics, I love Lush and I had no idea they were doing a cosmetic line.

    Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I understand, it's been quite hush-hush. So excited for the big reveal in stores later this week!

      Delete
  14. haha that colour spinning thing seems quite interesting! didn't know Lush was doing cosmetics. I'd be curious to try them out :)

    metallicpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm interested in seeing how they're going to be able to create organic, handmade cosmetics into their lines of soaps and skincare.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The colour test sounds really cool, I'd love to do it and see what I got!

    Style by Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am overly obsessed with LUSH products, they smell great! I haven't been in awhile. I love the bath bombs, and now they've come out with a cosmetics line? Thanks for sharing this! X

    http://chic-who.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  18. omg lush has a cosmetic line now? that's super exciting news! i'm a fellow vancouverite too! i followed u! hope u can check out blog and follow it if u like? :D

    xoxo <3
    http://miss-6.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I find on your blog basic ideas and well achieved.

    ReplyDelete
  20. love it!
    x
    http://beautyplethora.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  21. Looks like a cool event! I'll admit I don't know much about Lush's history as I only buy their bubble bombs occasionaly. The colour test is so cool!

    ReplyDelete
  22. It's so nice to meet a fellow fashion and beauty obsessed lawyer. You go girl!

    www.goodbadandfab.com
    personal style and fashion musings of a LA fashion lawyer living life in the fab lane

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am OBSESSED with lush solid massage bars and shampoos.

    xo,
    http://undercoverhip.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've seen their cosmetic collection online. Looks amazing!

    x Cammie

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.