September 21, 2012

End of Summer Snapshots

To mark today's official change in seasons, I thought I'd share some long overdue snapshots from the end of my summer back home in Vancouver. As it gets cooler by the day here in Calgary (the afternoons are warm but morning/night are freezing), I am treasuring these summer memories more and more!

Lazy beach days in my coral ruffle bikini (c/o Hapari)

Can't have summer in Vancouver without a visit to the Summer Night Market

My first time seeing the Terminal City Roller Girls in action; wish I was that hardcore

A very 90s summer outfit featuring some shorts I DIY'd from my 7 For All Mankind Cropped Dojos


One donut obviously wasn't enough since I had to go all out at Cartems Donuterie

Take me out to the ball game: Vancouver Canadians v. Yakima Bears

FORE!! Pitch & Putt at Queen Elizabeth Park

Best chocolate fondue in the city at Mink Chocolates

Stopping for a photo-op on a very long walk along the Seawall with my girl friends

Delicious home-made Greek feast & girls night with a few of my best friends

Kayaking around False Creek

My boyfriend got me tickets to see Seinfeld for my birthday!

I especially love the corn kakiage at Suika Snackbar

Coconut gelato at Kits Beach


P.S. Don't forget to follow me on Instagram if you want to see these updates in real time (as opposed to months later)! My username is alison_elle.

27 comments:

  1. Aw, looks like you've had a brilliant time. You've done so many fun things!

    I don't think I'm following you on instagram yet but I'll go find you on there now :)


    Amelia @ UGLY DUCKLING xxx

    Come say hey at Ducklingtoswan.com! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely photos, looks like you had a fun summer! :)

    Keep calm and carry lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos, looks like fun (:

    ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are such beautiful pictures! Looks like a wonderful summer!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous snapshots for that last bit of summer! so glad you're making the most of it :)

    <3Amanda
    FFF @New York Fashion Week

    ReplyDelete
  6. These shots definitely made me nostalgic for Vancouver summer - and summer weather in general :) Hope everything is going along swimmingly in Calgary and you're settling in well!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Things are going well but it's no Paris ;)

      Delete
  7. So sad that summer is over :( Your pictures are lovely, thanks for sharing. The food from the market looks amazinggg! xX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks fun! I'm sad the Summer is over because I love being outdoors, but I'm happy for Fall because I love the clothing! Double edged sword ;(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AH, I hear you! I love summer weather but Fall is my favourite season to dress for.

      Delete
  9. Must go to Mink Chocolates...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You MUST! Their chocolate is sooooo good. I am drooling just thinking about it.

      Delete
  10. Love the pictures....looks loads of fun :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that pic at the beach! I wish I lived near the water. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. nommmms seriously drooling over all of your summer eats!!! i love your summer wardrobe too. that kimono cardigan is so pretty on you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. hey! you're from calgary? i'm from vancouver! i was just there last month for a quick long weekend trip. i wish i knew you before coz i met up with KD (another calgarian blogger) when i was there :)

    JANELLEINC.COM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm actually from Vancouver but I'm living in Calgary for a few months! We can meet up when I'm back home :)

      Delete
  14. It's a beautiful roundup of summer pictures!
    - Monica
    Caravan of Style

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw Jerry Seinfeld too! He was amazing!

    xo Jennifer

    http://seekingstyleblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the shorts on you - the cut is fab :)

    www.tstyledme.com

    Tien xo

    ReplyDelete
  17. This week is the first week that genuinely feels fall-esque, it has me so depressed! Loving all these snapshots of your summer moments, nice to see Van treasures in there :)

    Alexandra xo

    tovogueorbust.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are really making me miss summer right now! :) These are some great snaps.

    http://www.glamkittenslitterbox.com/
    Twitter: @GlamKitten88

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love these. I miss summer already

    xo, Courtney
    girlavantgarde.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so sad that summer is over :(
    Love the snapshots!!

    xoxo Alison
    www.stylingmylife.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. ahh the vancouver summer night market sounds fun! i want to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a great blog, love the pictures, your style is amazing, lovely snapshots.
    Would you like to follow each other, will be glad to hear from you ;o)
    Olga
    www.impromp-two.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.