September 18, 2012

LUSH Cosmetics Ocean-Inspired Essentials

After a crazy-busy week in Vancouver which included my official Bar Call Ceremony, seeing Jerry Seinfeld live (so funny), birthday festivities, and lots of other fun, I am now back in Calgary. Unfortunately, coming down from such a whirlwind trip has been hard... I miss Vancouver!

Thankfully these oceanic-inspired treats sent along by LUSH Cosmetics arrived at just the right time. After all, there's nothing better than some beachy goodness packed into my bath & body essentials to remind me of home. Plus, aren't they pretty?


Sea water is apparently good for your skin because it hydrates and balances, so LUSH made the Breath of Fresh Air Facial Toner ($8.95 for 3.3oz/$19.95 for 8.4oz) with real sea water from the shores of the Pacific Ocean. I've been using it as my regular toner at night and like it a lot but it also makes for a very refreshing facial spritzer if you're travelling.

The Ocean Salt Face and Body Scrub ($19.95 for 4.2oz/$34.95 for 8.8oz) is made with organic avocado butter, nutritious seaweed absolute, and cocoa butter to leave skin feeling soft, smooth and moisturized. However, the key ingredient is fresh lime extracted in vodka, which means this smells delicious... like margaritas! I do think this might be too harsh for sensitive skin though with the mix of coarse and fine salts.

Dirty Springwash Shower Gel ($9.95 for 3.3oz/$17.95 for 8.8oz/$27.95 for 16.9oz) is part of a new range for men (though the product itself can obviously be used by whoever), and I do find the scent to be quite "masculine." The mint and spearmint create a very refreshing, tingling feeling when you wash which makes it better for hot summer days than the cooler weather we're soon heading into.

Seanik ($10.95) is an easy-to-use solid shampoo made with seaweed and sea salt to soften hair and pump up the volume as it nourishes. I love the exotic fragrances of mimosa, orange blossom absolute and jasmine but this formula isn't the best for my hair type. While I do need the volume, my hair is also colour-treated and needs more moisture than I can get with this puck. It would probably work well for people with less damaged hair.

14 comments:

  1. The Ocean Salt is pure Heaven! I bought that along with a hand cream when I went on vacation and I'm so happy I did. Truly great products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm not usually a scrub person but I am loving it!

      Delete
  2. I love lush products, and these are so pretty and would love to try them out!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Lush! I love how you can smell it from down the street, or down the hallway in the mall. I have loved every product I've used from there. I'll definitely have to try these ocean inspired items too.

    xo Jenny
    www.crazystylelove.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The intense smell is always a love-hate thing for people... I'm definitely in the love camp too :)

      Delete
  4. So funny, I was just telling my boyfriend yesterday on our drive back to Van from the Sunshine Coast that whenever I spend a few days at my cabin my skin always feels so nice afterwards - I guess it's all the ocean swims! SO amazing about the bar call ceremony, you must be so happy!

    Alexandra xo

    tovogueorbust.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad that you had such a good time in Vancouver! It's always kind of sad to go back to the same old!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing! I never knew sea water was hydrating, I would think the opposite because after swimming in the ocean my hair always goes dry? In your opinion do you think the toner was hydrating?? I think i'll definitely try it out if so, my skin is so dehydrated recently! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I thought the same! The toner doesn't have alcohol in it (which always dries out my skin) and I have actually found it to be quite hydrating.

      Delete
  7. no lo he probado pero tiene muy buena pinta!!

    http://sweet-perdition.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Reallly good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I just love LUSH! And so glad you had an amazing time back here... Vancouver misses you! Hope that everything is going well in Calgary though lady :) Have a great weekend!

    Xo Chelle
    discoveringelegance.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.