September 30, 2012

Currently Using: Bath Products (& September Must-Reads)

Question of the month: What bath products are you currently using?



1: UNITE Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner (c/o)
UNITE is a premium boutique line of hair products that cater to many different types of hair needs. I love the smell of this shampoo/conditioner but unfortunately I haven't found it to help much in the way of volumizing.

2: UNITE 7SECONDS Detangler (c/o)
Like a leave-in conditioner, you simply spray this on tangles after you get out of the shower and your comb glides right through. This product is seriously amazing and also doubles as a heat protectant.

3: Cake Beauty Bath & Shower Gel
It's no secret that I love Cake Beauty (see here and here). I can't get enough of their delectable scents!

4: Mèreadesso Beautiful Body Balm (c/o)
I'm a fan of the Mèreadesso Lip Treats, and this body balm is quite nice too. It's supposed to be an all-in-one type product for all skin types and has great moisturizing properties. However, I tend to prefer thicker, more creamy products for Fall/Winter so I think this would be better as a summer lotion for me. It's also quite pricey at $54 CAD a bottle.

As for a few other bath-related products I've been using lately, my LUSH Ocean Salt Scrub and Breath of Fresh Air Toner (that I posted about here) have also been in heavy rotation!


P.S. Don't forget to check out some of the other girls' monthly must-reads. So happy to now be a part of this group :)

15 comments:

  1. i just recently found cake products at tj maxx, and they smell AMAZING! i bought the lemon cake flavor shower gel, and i'm in love! just as good as philosophy in my opinion but a lot cheaper :)

    New follower, can't wait to catch up on your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've smelled that lemon cake one before... it is soooo yummy (as are all the Cake scents really). I prefer it to Philosophy too!

      Delete
  2. Nice post! X

    http://bagsandsushi.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't tried UNITE but I'm always looking for a volumizing shampoo too for my limp hair. Have you found any that were good?

    www.dressupfiles.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've actually found one of the best ways to keep my hair from getting weighed down is to switch up my shampoo/conditioner every few weeks. This way my hair doesn't get "used to" the product causing it to lose its effectiveness. I usually alternate between a salon brand like UNITE or Biolage and a cheaper brand (I really like Aveeno and sometimes Herbal Essences).

      Delete
  4. So glad you're part of our monthly group! Love reading about your picks...I haven't heard about the hair & body balm before - but I love Cake products.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to be part of the group, thanks for the invite :)

      Delete
  5. Welcome to our little group alison! It's a lot of fun :)

    I personally love UNITE! My stylist uses it on me at her salon. I am currently using other products, but I will go back to UNITE soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a FUN list! I'm so glad you are part of the monthly collaboration... Welcome, welcome!!

    Sequins&Stilettos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't tried these products so thanks so much for the tips! =)

    Melanie // Aetherlily

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've heard Unite are great products. I haven't seen them anywhere around here, yet. Definitely want to try them out one day.

    p.s. glad you're part of our monthly collaboration :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good information thank you closely monitor your success.

    Neglige

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.