October 25, 2012

LUSH Cosmetics Halloween 2012

Last year, I shared some thoughts on LUSH Cosmetics' 2011 Halloween Collection, and thanks again to LUSH, I'm happily able to review some of this year's fun limited edition items as well! I've actually never been one to go all out on Halloween (minus the candy... I just can't say "no" to copious amounts of fun-size treats), but these products have really helped get me into a more seasonal spirit. Although I must say that I've never experienced the Halloween season during a blizzard, but I guess that's just Calgary for you!


ENCHANTER BATH BOMB ($6.95) 
Enchanter is a fun bath bomb made with lime and neroli, which is a great citrus/candy scent. It also brings different bursts of colour (orange, then pink, then yellow) while it dissolves. But if you have a light tub, you may find that the pink leaves a residue that you'll have to scrub off after your bath.

PUMPKIN SOAP ($6.95)
This limited edition soap was one of my favourite products last year and I'm so glad it's back again this year. With its lovely pumpkin shape and colour, the soap is packed with the rejuvenating scents of cinnamon, clove, cardamom, spearmint, and fresh pumpkin. It does melt away quickly if you leave it in the shower so I'd recommend storing it in one of those soap containers when it's not in use.

GREEN CALACAS SHOWER JELLY ($4.95)
"Calacas" means skeleton in Spanish, so it's fitting that this colourful green jelly is shaped like a sugar skull. The energizing scent of lime and neroli smells just like candy to me, while the aloe vera gel gently softens skin. I've never tried a shower jelly before this one but it basically feels like Jell-O... so much so that it sometimes slips out of my hands! I find it easier to break off smaller pieces to use like a soap or shampoo. LUSH also recommends using Calacas frozen for a sharp shock in the morning.

Check out the rest of the LUSH Halloween 2012 collection online or in stores to get your hands on these limited edition products before it's too late!

17 comments:

  1. They all look so creepy and cute! Especially the pumpkin soap, from your description I can tell the smell must be divine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the pumpkin soap is so cute!

    http://sincerelyrenay.blogspot.com/
    Enter Our MAC & NYX Makeup Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love love love lush products too! i'm your newest follower on GFC and bloglovin! hope you visit and follow me too? i think you'll like my outfits :)

    www.dailydisguise.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. That pumpkin soap sounds amazing!!! I love this time of year for things made out of pumpkin -- pies, coffees, and now soaps!
    I can't believe it's snowing in Calgary already. At least it's beautiful and it will be nice to avoid the rain of Vancouver :)

    xoxo Alison
    www.stylingmylife.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On one hand I really don't miss the rain... but on the other hand, -10 degrees and blizzard conditions? Hmmm...

      Delete
  5. Oh those are so cool! How creative! I really like your blog! It would be nice if you could stop by my blog sometime too (I'm from England) as I post my outfits, likes and more :) :)

    www.raindropsofsapphire.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. omgosh DIEEEE!!! i NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED to get my hands on that pumpkin soap.. it's so cute and i'm totally obsessed w/ all things that smell like pumpkin!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Replies
    1. Oh, you really should! It's my go-to store when I need something pampering :)

      Delete
  8. They look so fun!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. The pumpkin soap looks so cute, I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have been using Calacas and I love it!! It smells so good although the skull scares me sometimes ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, it is kind of creepy looking. The face is all rubbed off of mine now so it doesn't bother me :)

      Delete
  11. Super fun. I like LUSH a lot. When I get better, I'll certainly have to check these out.
    Girlie Blog Seattle | Cheap Makeup Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  12. you're very pretty.
    :)

    http://allnightlong-sophie.blogspot.de/
    greetings Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love lush products,can't get enough of them! I heard Calgary got snow but it will be gone in now time! Always excited to find another Canadian blogger. I have a giveaway on my blog and one is just for Canadians!

    Rebecca
    www.winnipegstyle.ca

    ReplyDelete
  14. Never bought something at Lush, but I need to go for there christmas products! Looks lovely!

    X

    http://bagsandsushi.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.