January 25, 2013

Duty-Free Haul: Dior Eye Designer and Rose Collection Palettes

One of the main perks of travelling (apart from arriving at your final destination, of course) is duty-free shopping. And one of the best parts of duty-free shopping? The travel-exclusive makeup palettes!

Many cosmetics brands offer their own versions of these palettes, but my favourite is Dior:

Dior Eye Designer Eye Makeup Palette and Dior Rose Collection Eyes & Lips Palette


Flipping through the duty-free catalogue on my most recent flight to Singapore, the Dior Eye Designer Eye Makeup Palette caught my attention immediately. It contains almost everything you need to create a complete eye look (it's missing an eye primer which is a necessity in my books): 3 co-ordinating eyeshadows, eyebrow powder, eyeliner, tweezers, a mini Diorshow Extase mascara, and two double-ended applicators. Complete with the handy velvet pouch, this is just perfect for throwing in your purse or for travelling. The price was $72 SGD (~ $60 CAD).


My parents also picked me up the Dior Rose Collection Eyes & Lips Palette on one of their trips a while ago. Unlike the eye palette, this one comes in Dior's classic cannage quilting with a dangling initial charm. Inside is a selection of light/pastel shades: 4 eyeshadows, a clear lip balm, 2 Dior Addict lipglosses, a Dior Addict lipstick, and two double-ended applicators. I believe this palette retailed for $67 SGD (~ $55 CAD).


If you like the looks of the Rose Collection, Dior appears to have re-released it as a Sephora exclusive called the Sweet Cherie Pinks Palette with its Spring 2013 Cherie Bow Collection. I find it a little odd that they're re-marketing it this way (simple rename of product with no changes) since it kind of takes away from the original exclusivity of the palette. But at least this move does make the product more accessible for those who won't be flying anytime soon.

20 comments:

  1. Those are so pretty!! I haven't splurged on Dior makeup yet but I love going down to the states to shop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving both of these! It's been far too long since I've indulged in some Dior :)

    Alexandra xo

    tovogueorbust.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm such a sucker for the travel exclusive make-up sets in duty free shops... I've honestly probably bought every one that exists at least once, considering how much time I spend in airports :) But surprisingly, these are both new to me. I really love the look of the designer eye make-up palette, mainly because it comes with that gel liner... It's the best!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so into makeup lately so I can really appreciate this post!! Thanks for sharing these are all really great!

    oliviamoone.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both look great and useful when you're on the go!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new Cherie palettes from Dior! They really know how to package palettes in a way that makes them irresistable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I usually go for the more neutral palette, but am especially attracted to the Sweet Cherie Pinks! so pretty and feminine!


    <3Amanda
    feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete
  8. love those palettes:)
    alchiyonjen.blogspot.com














































































































































































    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the first Dior palette!

    x Laura

    http://bagsandsushi.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all of the Dior eye shaddows, especially the brown ones. You can create such a cute smokey eyes with it!

    www.creativesideofme.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh pretty little things. I love Dior makeup!

    xo, Courtney
    girlavantgarde.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loooooove duty free. :)

    pretty little things!


    xx, Sandra @ Blasfemmes.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. eeps! i TOTES agree with you.. i live for dutyfree shopping hahaha!! and i love buying makeup sets ESPECIALLY dior when i travel.. you always get the most bang for your buck in terms of cost vs. product.. and you always get the most amazing unique palettes that you can't get anywhere else!! i love loveeeee the 2 you picked up they are so gorgeous! i especially love the pink one!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The palette looks luxurious. It's Dior after all. Oh how I miss traveling.
    Girlie Blog Seattle | Cheap Makeup Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  15. omg!!! yes, i love duty free shopping!!! perfumes are the best deal!! :D loving the neutral palette u got! :D

    Click me for my NEW BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love duty free shopping. Those catalogues just make everything look a lot more attractive. I love dior palettes too. I own a couple myself. I am your newest follower. I hope you follow back :)

    www.visceralmaze.blogspot.com

    Anu

    ReplyDelete
  17. Pretty shadows! I like them all.


    -Vogue&Heels
    vogueandheels.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.