March 30, 2013

The Ticket Kitchen & Bar

Buytopia recently had an awesome coupon deal for The Ticket Kitchen & Bar, which I was lucky enough to preview as a member of their Vancouver Inner Circle.

The Ticket is located in the former Player's Chophouse, right at the entrance to BC Place. It's a great place to get together with friends before a game and even if you're not attending one, the sports enthusiasts among us can still keep up with the scores since, as my boyfriend pointed out, "there's not a bad TV in the place" (the TVs seem to be positioned to give a perfect view no matter where you're seated). Bonus: you might even get to see some local celebrities! On the night we attended, we sat right beside the guys from Hockey Night in Canada.


The menu is kind of upscale pub fare with a bit of class. There are, of course, the "standards" like sweet chili chicken ($12), pizza, and burgers, along with some more unique options like the braised short rib poutine. 


For our mains, my boyfriend and I both opted for steak (typical for us). He chose the filet mignon ($38) and I got the New York strip and fries ($30). As you can see, both dishes are a little on the pricey side but we both thought our steaks were cooked to perfection. Those with big appetites probably wouldn't get full with the filet mignon though... it is, after all, French for "dainty fillet"!


For dessert, my boyfriend chose the blueberry cheesecake while I went with the trio of crème brûlée (if there is crème brûlée on the menu, there is a 99.9% chance that it will be my dessert of choice). The trio consisted of vanilla bean, chocolate, and mocha, and all three were delicious.


All in all, we had a wonderful evening. The service was excellent and the food was good (though I do think it's a bit expensive for an everyday outing). Many thanks to Rob for being so welcoming and Buytopia for the wonderful experience!

Address: 808 Beatty Street, Vancouver, BC
Website: http://www.theticketbar.ca

13 comments:

  1. The food looks so delicious right now, even worse when I'm hungry!

    dreamdustx | Urban Decay Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm, this looks so delicious!

    xo The Daily Fashion Drug

    ReplyDelete
  3. everything looks so delicious!!
    kisses from Milano
    http://sienastyle.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so yummy, it makes me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohhh the food looks delicious!! i especially love the trio of creme brulee's!! yum! and i love that they served them in little consomme cups!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those little cups were so cute and actually contained a lot of crème brûlée!

      Delete
  6. Yum! This food looks amazing. I hadn't even realized this place had changed owners. I'll have to give it a try!

    Hope you had a good Easter :)

    Xoxo Alison
    WWW.stylingmylife. com

    ReplyDelete
  7. The food looks amazing ! great review on the place.

    xo Meg<3

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh wow the food looks really good! <3
    would you like to follow each other on bloglovin'?
    A
    xx
    http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice photos! Hmm I wasn't too impressed when I went there before, but I may have to try it again just to try out that creme brulee trio!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I read some bad reviews before I went but thankfully didn't experience any of the things complained about. Hopefully that means they're working on addressing those issues!

      Delete
  10. Yum! I've never heard about this place before but will definitely check it out. I love small chic restaurants!

    What's the buytopia inner circle?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your appetizer looks delicious! Aw, I wish I got the creme brulee, it looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.