May 4, 2013

Join Light Activewear's Mission for a Cleaner Planet!

After returning home from my 5 months in Calgary, I found an awesome personal trainer who has really helped me kick my fitness routines into gear. Remember that goal I had of learning to deadlift? Well, it's been achieved... in fact, I can now deadlift more than my own body weight! 

Since I've been spending a lot of my free time at the gym, my workout wardrobe has grown considerably (feeling comfortable without looking sloppy can be an excellent motivator) and while I've been a Lululemon devotee since 2005, I'm always on the lookout for new brands. Light Activewear, another Vancouver-based company, is one of my recent finds. I wore my new Lydia Tank Top to the gym a few days ago and received a ton of compliments... it's so cute!


As a responsible business, Light Activewear is also striving to bring more sustainable, earth-friendly clothing into their collection and have recently launched the We Care Campaign on Indiegogo to raise the money to do so.

All items from the We Care Collection will be made from 100% recycled polyester and a unique blend of "Dope Dyed Yarn." By contributing to the campaign, you can be one of the first to own a piece (or pieces) from the new line, including the Anna Tee, Pearl Pant, and Darla Jacket.


The company is hoping to raise $10,000 by June 6, 2013 and they're currently a little more than halfway towards their goal. For the month of May, every piece sold from the campaign will be matched with the donation of one Light Activewear item to the Vancouver Rape Relief & Women's Shelter, and once they reach the 100% mark, 10 donors will also win a personalized Anna Tee! Be sure to check out the campaign page to learn more.

11 comments:

  1. Love their gear and for a good cause who can resist it?!

    Meghan Silva's Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it!

    www.georginaclare.com
    .Georgina Clare.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for such a great article Alison! We are still a very small company, so getting the word out there this way about who we are & what we do is *so* important to us!

    And thank you so much Meghan, Georgina, & Letitia for your kind words! If any of you have any questions about the style/sizing/anything you can think of, please feel free to shoot me an email at: judy@lightactivewear.com

    These pieces are just *too cute* to be sitting in our sample closet, I really hope we would be able to get the funds and take them into production! AND helping ladies of our community at the same time? Just icing on a yummy cake!

    Enjoy the sunshine everyone!
    -Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love discovering new (to me) local companies that are doing awesome things, like you guys! Hope you'll be able to get these pieces into production :)

      Delete
  4. Alison* Elle, thank you for sharing this with your readers and shining some light on a worthy cause! Judy Lei, well done on an amazing initiative. If only more companies were as dedicated to a greener future.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a kind and thoughtful message Zoe! I truly believe what you put out there, you will get back, kindness is such a beautiful cycle! We're just so grateful that we have the means to do what we love - dressing up girls in hot clothes and making them feel sensational about themselves :D :D :D

      Delete
  5. cute workout gear, and for such a great cause! Thanks for sharing :)

    <3Amanda
    feast.fashion.faves

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Lydia tank top is so cute! I have to get one! And what a great cause!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much Jayne! It's one of my favorite tops!! And it's on sale! Yay! I designed it so that it makes your shoulders look uber amazeballz! Thank you so much for your kind words :D :D Us small local companies won't be here if it weren't for encouraging and enthusiastic ladies such as yourself :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.