July 3, 2013

Insta-Beauty: AVON Fiji Paradise, Lise Watier Something Sweet & Sun Destination, Montagne Jeunesse Clay Spa Masks, London Drugs Fall Cosmetics Preview, and Philosophy Turn Back Time

In reviewing some of my recent Instagram snapshots, a common theme emerged: beauty, beauty, and more beauty. So without further ado, here's a product-themed round-up!

Summer collections, as I mentioned in this post, have been simply amazing this year and AVON Fiji Paradise is no exception. I've especially been loving the All-Over Face Powder (a gorgeous gradient blush) and the new Speed Dry+ Nail Enamels (Teal Appeal is the perfect pedi colour).


Lise Watier, one of my favourite Canadian brands, has also been churning out some really interesting products lately. Their new perfume, Something Sweet, is a gourmand scent that's actually quite fresh at the same time. The fragrance is exclusive to Shoppers Drug Mart, with a roll-on set to be released next month. Rounding out the collection is the adorable macaron-inspired Sweet Lips lip balm which comes in three flavours: Berries, Chocolate, and Pistachio. Yum!


To keep my Hawaiian tan alive, I've been using Lise Watier's limited edition Sun Destination Collection. The Sun Bronzing Powder is gigantic and reminiscent of some much more expensive Guerlain bronzers, plus the Illuminating Bronzing Gel mixes well with makeup bases to give a nice glow.


Montagne Jeunesse, a drugstore staple brand, has been my go-to for skin pampering lately. The new Clay Spa masques are infused into natural bamboo fabric to allow for deep cleaning without the typical mess (once you're done, the clay gently lifts away with the fabric). Supplementing these masques is the new Exotic Fruits collection, which contains "freshly squeezed" ingredients and smells delicious.


In addition to testing out all of these wonderful products, I've also been busy attending a few fun beauty events/product launches. Here's a peek at what I've been up to...


London Drugs Fall Cosmetics Preview

London Drugs sure knows how to throw a party, as those of us invited to their Fall Cosmetics Preview quickly found out. Whisked away on helicopters, we were flown to a private airplane hangar where we got the scoop on the upcoming product launches at London Drugs (trust me when I say there's a lot to get excited about).


Representatives from many different beauty brands were present to give makeovers, tips, and demos. We also got a chance to play with the new products before they even hit the shelves. For a beauty blogger, this was seriously like being a kid in a candy store!

Here are just a few of the things you can look forward to seeing at London Drugs over the next few months:

Mineral Fusion nail polish, NYX, Maybelline

Revlon Skinlights, Cargo Water Resistant Blush in Ibiza, Maybelline Fit Me Stick Foundation, Layla Pro Nail Polish, Annabelle Twist Up Lipstick


Philosophy Turn Back Time

Last week, I also attended the launch of Philosophy's latest product, Time in a Bottle. This age-defying serum is formulated with a breakthrough DNA renewal complex and high-potency vitamin C8 activator (which you mix in yourself using a mini funnel). I'm consistently impressed with Philosophy so I can't wait to try out this product.


Phew, that was a jam-packed post! Be sure to follow me on Instagram for more of my beauty updates - my username is @alison_elle.

19 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I am totally overwhelmed by all of these amazing makeup products!
    the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. i've never heard of this brand but the Lise Watier looks really appealing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They never cease to amaze me with their limited edition/seasonal collections. They have an online store too!

      Delete
  3. The Lise Watier products look fun! Time to make a stop at Shoppers, haha :) Thanks for the preview, Alison!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many new products!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The London Drugs event sounds surreal, and I think I'm going to have to try out those clay masques.

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely one of the coolest events I've ever been to!

      Delete
  6. nice cosmetics;DDD


    i invite to me too

    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have been so good about not adding products I don't really, really need to my make-up bag... and then I see a post like this and I want to buy everything!
    xox,
    Cee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Woohoo London Drugs! I love that place and from the sounds of it, there will be even more reason for me to visit! I never thought Vancouver would have that many beauty launches to be honest. I always feel like these events are out East, in the States or just in a "larger" city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, Toronto seems to get a lot more beauty events/launches than we do. Companies should really start coming over here more - there's still a huge market for cosmetics here (as evidenced by you and me anyway, haha)

      Delete
    2. LOL, yeah I'm proud to admit that I am a true consumer! We need to talk beauty in person one day! I've been chatting with Angela from Do Want Makeup at the nail workshops and it's so liberating to be able to talk about blogs and beauty with someone who doesn't think you're crazy!

      Delete
  9. Thank you so much for sharing this review girl! I love discovering new products! :)

    http://www.leopardmartini.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great!! A lot of products!!! =)
    I follow you on GFC and Bloglovin, hope you do the same
    -Amara-

    http://knowyoucanfly.blogspot.it/2013/07/cross-satin.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. MMmmm Something Sweet sounds like it will be a delicious smell. I'll have to check it out! :)

    I've made a nail wrap tutorial post if you're interested in checking it out :).

    <3Jo
    www.thelittledandy.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really like the sound of the perfume and love the pretty bottle.

    Hannah x
    http://b-l-a-b.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. really interesting read! looks like fun :)

    thank you for checking out my blog. would you like to follow eachother on GFC & Bloglovin? im now following you!

    rainbowsandbeauty.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. HOLY lord! I helicopter ride? I don' t think I've ever, EVER attended such a cool event.

    Congrats, Alison! how much fun! <3

    xx
    The Fashionable ESQ (Esquire)
    http://www.thefashionableesq.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amazing! WE don't have that store in the UK and now I'm so jealous looks amazing!

    Jamie-Lee | Glitter Infatuation | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.