October 19, 2013

Tutorial: Volumized Hair with OSiS+ Refresh Dust

I'm super excited to announce that I will be working with OSiS+ over the next few months sharing tutorials and reviews on some of their fabulous hair styling products! For those of you who aren't familiar with the brand, hopefully these posts will give you a little insight into the products I recommend and the different ways you can use them.

First up is Refresh Dust ($23.50 CAD), a light control dry shampoo that adds volume and texture. The sprayable powder also refreshes hair between washes thanks to its mattifying properties and clean, fresh scent. Plus, unlike many other dry shampoos, it doesn't seem to leave the dreaded white residue which is often a problem for those of us with dark hair.


After testing Refresh Dust on second day hair, I was pleased to find that it worked pretty well in terms of absorbing oil. However, my hair gets greasy no matter what so I still prefer washing it everyday in order to avoid looking like a hot mess. Instead, I have been loving this product for work days because it doesn't take much time to add some volume to my otherwise straight/limp/fine hair ("before" examples here and here). Here's how I do it:

1. If your hair is freshly washed like mine, blowdry to ensure it's completely dry. Refresh Dust doesn't work well on wet hair.


2. Shake the can well and lift sections of hair, spraying the product directly on the roots. I also like to spray a bit on the mid-lengths of my hair to add more texture.


3. Using your fingers, fluff and comb through the hair to work in the powder. You should be left with perfectly volumized, texturized hair!

12 comments:

  1. I've never heard of this brand before so I'm looking forward to seeing more products.

    katespitz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! This sounds like a good one! Once I use up all mine I may have to pick this one up. I love trying different dry shampoos plus I can review them :D enjoyed reading through your review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have such an issue with flat hair !!! I've tried a bunch or dry shampoos but like you, I prefer to wash my hair ! Will give this a try when I finish all my current products ! Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I'll ever be able to get away with not washing my hair for days like a lot of other people so I'm glad dry shampoo has other styling uses!

      Delete
  4. Oooh, sexy hair! I wash my hair every day as well for the same reasons you do although my hair is more coarse than yours is. I just hate having flat hair and I feel like once you sleep on it, you need to spruce it up again by having a shower.
    This new collaboration sounds amazeballs and I cannot wait to see what you and Osis+ have in store for us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So agree. I usually have to curl my hair on slept in hair or else it just looks puffy and weird. Maybe I sleep weird? I definitely prefer washing to get it looking normal again, haha.

      Delete
  5. great tutorial :)
    you have awesome hair!
    http://bubblemylicorice.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I never use dry shampoos or volumising products because I have super dark hair and they end up making my hair look grey - I might have to try this one x

    Heather | Of Beauty & Nothingness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the same problem. This one really doesn't leave that grey cast which is such a rarity!.

      Delete
  7. aw i wish this is available in my country, i use their other hair products but i havent seen this one specifically :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been looking for a dry shampoo in canada that was reasonably priced, and made for dark hair. glad to hear that so far you are lovign the product!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.