September 27, 2014

Caring For Dyed Blonde Hair

Since going blonde, maintaining my new hair colour has been a top priority so I thought I'd share some of the products I've been using lately.


I was especially excited to find the UK brand Pro:Voke Touch of Silver at my local London Drugs when I went on the hunt for a purple toning shampoo. The star of the line, Touch of Silver Twice A Week Brightening Shampoo, deposits violet colour pigments on the hair to neutralize brassiness (it's basically a temporary hair dye) and really does leave my hair noticeably brighter and blonder. However, because overuse can result in a weird purple tinge, I've been alternating with the Daily Maintenance Shampoo to prevent fading/dullness and the Intensive Treatment Conditioner to help add moisture back into my bleached hair.

Every few weeks, I apply the Fekkai Technician Color Care Luxe Color Masque (also available at London Drugs). As the masque is very rich, I concentrate on the ends of my hair to avoid weighed down/greasy roots and leave the product on for 3 minutes before rinsing.


Styling-wise, I have still been doing my typical waves most days. To add volume, I spray on OSiS+ Volume Up and set my curls with OSiS+ Session Extreme Hold Hairspray. This hairspray is awesome because it doesn't leave my hair feeling crunchy and the formula protects against harmful UV rays, which can wreak havoc on colour-treated hair.

When I'm going for a straight look, the John Frieda Sheer Blonde Brightening Oil Elixir adds some much-needed shine while also acting as a heat protectant. This product was recommended to me by John Frieda's new Stylist Selections Tool, which I had the opportunity to play with at an event last week. If you're confused about what products you should be using, give the tool a try -- it custom recommends a product combination to take you from shampoo/conditioner all the way to styling.

2 comments:

  1. Great picks, Alison! I'm not blonde, but I'll have to keep at violet line in mind -- you never know when you're going to feel the need to change up your hair, after all :P

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.