December 12, 2014

Holiday Rose Gold FOTD

It's been ages since I've done a FOTD, so I figured now was as good a time as any since we're right in the middle of holiday party season. I adore rose gold (see my review of Urban Decay's Naked3 Palette, a perennial rose gold favourite) so I decided to use this lovely shade as inspiration for this look.


I first started off with Marcelle Ideal Skin Perfector, which is supposed to be used prior to moisturizer (the company touts it as being to skin care what BB cream is to makeup). Next, I applied MAC Prep + Prime in Natural Radiance for an overall glow.

On my face, I am wearing L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Matte Foundation in Natural Buff, a new long-wearing oil-resistant foundation. For some subtle shimmer, I used the YSL Touche Éclat in Rose Gold (which you might remember seeing on my Instagram a few months ago) topped off with MAC Mineralize Skinfinish in Stereo Rose as a blush.

I wanted a very soft light pink for my eyes so I started with Lise Watier 24 Hrs Glam Eyeshadow Pencil in Satin Glam as a base. Next, I applied the pink shade in the Lise Watier Quatuor Féline, which was a limited edition Fall 2014 palette, all over my lids and added the champagne colour under my brows as a highlight. For some extra glam, I am wearing ESQIDO mink lashes in Unforgettable with NYX Two Timer Liner in Jet Black. I have reviewed ESQIDO lashes before and they remain my favourite false lashes as they are super comfortable to wear and look so pretty on.

Since this makeup look is not overtly showy, I think the statement lip really pulls it together. This is Estée Lauder Pure Color Envy Sculpting Lipstick in Confident, a richly pigmented berry fuschia.


Phew -- that was a lot of products! To keep all my hard work intact, I spritzed on the new L'Oreal Infallible Pro Spray & Set Makeup Extender, which is the company's first makeup setting spray for the mass market. It's a lot like the Skindinavia Makeup Finishing Sprays except more easily accessible since you can find it at your local drugmart.

And while we're at it, I might as well show my winter nails too... this is an alternating mani featuring Avon Gel Finish Nail Polish in Alaska and Iceberg White. I love the Gel Finish line (the formula applies like a dream and is very glossy), and you can't go wrong with either of these colours. 


P.S. Be sure to check out my post on this week's FASHION Magazine Beauty Panel for more pictures of my holiday hair from this look -- an easy braided headband!

5 comments:

  1. so cute!!

    xoxo

    new post
    www.live-style20.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love the lip color. And nails...the color combo...love. Must try it! Like now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh love that lipstick, looks stunning on you! I love the EL Sculpting lipsticks line. So tempting..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was my first lipstick from the line and I love it! Formula is so creamy and luxe.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting! Don't forget to follow via BlogLovin', Facebook, Instagram,or Twitter

All content and photography © alison*elle. Design By The Sunday Studio.